Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• Thats good for the ground. Does not matter what quality, quality can wait for later, just add what you can for now.<div><br></div><div>I think that if Arindam joins you guys he will cope, that is part of being a professional and Arindam has played with the India national team before. He can do it, just give him time.</div><div><br></div><div>The U20 league should have had overage players anyway. No it does not say in the rules but every youth league in the world allows at least 3 over-age players in the league. Heck even the Premier League will do that when the U21 league begins.</div>
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    Arindam has seen a slump in form, coming back from a prolonged injury lay off. He seriously need to do some intensive pre season training to get back in groove. Shilton is good enough for most games, except for the high pressure ones like the derby or say a end of season game against one of the Goanese giants. <br><br>I think they should have a U-19 and U23 league separately. I am all for allocating more funds at the youth level.<br>
  • projenator wrote:
    Arindam has seen a slump in form, coming back from a prolonged injury lay off. He seriously need to do some intensive pre season training to get back in groove. Shilton is good enough for most games, except for the high pressure ones like the derby or say a end of season game against one of the Goanese giants. <br><br>I think they should have a U-19 and U23 league separately. I am all for allocating more funds at the youth level.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>I dont see Shilton as a keeper of Bagan's standard, surely Arindam will be the better player long-term and Arindam is still very young for a goalkeeper. He will come good.</div><div><br></div><div>I dont think we should split the leagues. Lets first focus on getting the U20 league to be a 6-month affair and then we can think about separate leagues.</div>
    edited May 2012
    <a href="http://www.anandabazar.com/6khela5.html">http://www.anandabazar.com/6khela5.html</a><div><br></div><div>This is a heart rending article on the eve of Barretto's farewell in a leading Bengali daily. As mentioned in the article, for many, it will be their first and last visit to YBK</div><div><br></div><div>Many old timers who don't watch football at the ground anymore given the deterioration in quality of football or their decrepit health will show up at YBK to witness Barretto's farewell and his lap around the stadium</div><div><br></div><div>There was a similar video on Xtra Time sports news last evening, which got my eyes moist. Will post it later once I can get hold of it. Being Sunday and a non working day, it's been a little difficult.</div>
    <div>Fresh from the oven...............</div><div><br></div>MOHUN BAGAN's team list for today.<div><br></div><div>MB First XI - sangram, surkumar, nabi, anwar, rakesh mashi, manish mathani, jewel, Lima, sunil, odafa, JISHU DA(C) 

</div><div><br></div><div>Sub : shilton, dhana, shenasish, ashim, manish bhargav, mohonraj, souvik chakroborty</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Sorry but why is Barreto being called Jishu da? Is that his new nickname?
  • dip_anjdip_anj 137 Points
    somesh wrote:
    Sorry but why is Barreto being called Jishu da? Is that his new nickname?

Whenever he scored goals he used to display the message in his tee Jesus Is My Saviour.So he is commonly known as Jesus of MB(The God).<br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    edited May 2012
    arsenalfan wrote:
    projenator wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>I dont see Shilton as a keeper of Bagan's standard, surely Arindam will be the better player long-term and Arindam is still very young for a goalkeeper. He will come good.</div><div><br></div><div>I dont think we should split the leagues. Lets first focus on getting the U20 league to be a 6-month affair and then we can think about separate leagues.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Don't forget arrows's Naveen Kumar....doing great for last two seasons (JCT, Arrows)...very clean goalie</div><div><br></div><div>OK..read @projenetor's remark on him and gaolies playing under pressure...yes, Naveen hardly played under pressure, on the other hand, because of playing in JCT and Arrows his goal was always attacked </div>
    rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    projenator wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>Don't forget arrows's Naveen Kumar....doing great for last two seasons (JCT, Arrows)...very clean goalie</div><div><br></div><div>OK..read @projenetor's remark on him and gaolies playing under pressure...yes, Naveen hardly played under pressure, on the other hand, because of playing in JCT and Arrows his goal was always attacked </div>

<br><br>Naveen was all at sea against EB first leg, no wonder Ravi Kumar was played in the second. Naveen is not good at taking on pressure. MB will miss Sangram badly coming season, due to some short sighted recruiting once again by Bagan officials.<br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Naveen has been great in many of the matches, I have seen him atleast in 6-7 matches