Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• KoustubhKoustubh Kolkata219 Points
    When Mr. Bose is sponcer our club why every body worried ?
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10068 Points
    @Soccerlover, I do care (about having sponsor or not). And I explain why.

If a club of this stature runs on dole from a particular person on a regular basis, then there is something seriously wrong in that club.  Tutu Bose may have loads of money, but this way he is making the club his own fiefdom. It is well known in Kolkata maidan circuit that the cartel of Bose, Mitra and the lot are preventing entry of other stakeholders (for reasons that can be well understood) and making the club what it is. Having a sponsor is good not merely on the financial front, but this signals that there is a professional outlook about the club. Sponsors would be interested when the going on inside the club is clear, for the simple reason of them wanting to see where their money (shareholders') is going.

We all agree that all is not well with Mohun Bagan. And if this hold of Tutu & Co continues, I foresee a future of the club like Vasco FC, though not for identical reasons. This would be more apparent in the light of the unified league. In that scenario, you cannot be administratively, and by extension, financially weak.
    deepakc
  • @Deb_Ban, if u care about Bagan's sponsor, then airing ur voice in IFN wont get Bagan a sponsor!

Also, whatever u have written is known to those who follow Indian and Kolkata football - so nothing new there and that is precisely the reason, why none of them want to be sponsor for the club. Why would they associate with somebody who doesn't have any transparency in running any operation! Most fans are happy as long as good players(in the context of Indian football) are either being retained/recruited and they are singing praise for the Bose family; and these trio are so shrewd that they understand this weakness of the supporters and using this to their advantage!
    I know I can't be of any help to the club by merely voicing decent in this forum. And I also know that I cannot oppose them standing on the club ground. Doing that would call for a full fledged political war which even veterans like Subrata Bhattacharya couldn't handle. But that does not prevent me from airing my views in any public forum.

Also, I agree that I haven't said anything new which people do not know. But I feel the voice of decent (in any public forum) contribute to cleansing the system. Suppressing/ ignoring the real scenario will not help the club.
    ArsenalFan700munna219777Nagendra
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Just a question, how is this different from that Russian basically running Chelsea? I mean they have a board etc but everyone knows who puts in the money and calls the shots.
    Soccerloverdeepakc
    Chelsea do have a structure (only expected of an EPL club). They have a CEO, a board and their academy is famous. Needless to say,sponsors would eye them for mileage. It is a different thing that Abramovitch sinks his own money in the club for greater glory, but as a club, Chelsea have everything fit for a top club. In fact, when RA bought into the club, the first thing he did was to reinforce the club administration by infusing fund (as opposed to taking over all functions of the day to day management). Rest is taken care of by the club itself.
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7392 Points
    Any update on Anas's injury ?
  • Sony Norde to miss Bagan's away match at Colombo for the AFC due to injury!
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7392 Points
    Anas is fit for the DSK game it seems. 

• Bagan's unprofessional approach related to their seriousness abt AFC again on the forefront , with two key players - Norde and Eduardo missing out. 

This is what happens when the players are drafted directly to the team, without assessing their fitness level. 

Absolutely horrendous attitude
    gaffertapegoalkeeparBrainFallINDIACarbon_14deepakcmunna219777karenesudhakar2050