Online Chatting

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    No that rohit Ramesh twitter rants
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited September 2015
    This Rohit Ramesh claims in this interview that he will not change the name of Nethaji SC which he purchased in 2013. Yet he changed the name.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/131226/sports-football/article/nethaji-owner-has-big-plans-his-club

he belongs to a family who owns respected newspapers like The Hindu, Frontline and Sportstar
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Ya, I think I remember someone saying that he is one of those new "Young and fresh owners" but compared to someone like the Jindal's, ya, I don't want him near Indian football. Lets look at these tweets.

Tweet #1: "What a finish. India trailing 2Nil. #INDvIRN this could get nasty." - I mean, that is acceptable when this is what happens next...

Tweet #2: "Insane. 3 nil down. #INDvIRN @GurpreetGK to blame the Indian a Defence. Massacre" - Not exactly a massacre yet and you can't fault a guy who is on his 2nd cap like that harshly.

Tweet #3: "The team playing in no mans land. Have no idea what formation we playing in. #INDvIRN" - Pretty obvious me and him were not watching the same game.

Tweet #4: "How on earth is the @IndSuperLeague going to help us develop?! With the ridicule support of #AIFF #Indianfootball" - What? This is random. Is he drunk? I mean, you can make fun of the ISL, go ahead, it deserves it but like, what are you expecting? One season and for us to become world beaters like that?

Tweet #5: "2nd 3rd 4th most watched league in the world @IndSuperLeague but what's the point?! Ranked 150 above in FIFA Rankings. Sad. #INDvIRN" - It is called marketing dumbass. IMG-Reliance and STAR Sports would be stupid not to mention that they are the 4th most attended league in the world. Any smart person though can see through it and analyze why we were 4th but overall saying we are 4th and having the number to back it up is good marketing!

Tweet #6: "Scrap the ISL and the money. Have 20 teams play in the ILeague around India. Promote Local talent. Then compete after 5YRS global. #INDvIRN" - Well... we kind of need money for this and where will we get the 10 extra teams from? Also, you can't just scrap the ISL... people are going to fucked from the merger but just shutting ISL down will fuck so many people that India could go into depression (hyperbole, duh). Also, who would sponsor the league? Telecast? No one will do it for free... we would be back to the same problems we had before the ISL even began in the first place!

Tweet #7: "Problem is no one from AIFF have seen my Lot." - Ya, we don't watch Chennai City FC but we know that ND Opara kicked as in the Chennai Senior Division while he is not even I-League quality anymore so shut up.

Tweet #8: "Carlos is softening our 3-0 hammering." - No, he is saying the truth. They thought India would be too easy, but we are not and we showed it to them.

Tweet #9: "BTW not sure if Iran had a sporting sponsor in their jersey like Nike for ours?! #INDvIRN" - Do you not see this. Sponsor is there.
    munna219777goalkeeparrudrasilicon3shankarfox
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited September 2015
    Maybe he is frustrated that he (his club) is not able to enter ISL or I-League, even 2nd division and that is spilling over in this India vs Iran game tweets.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I am not sure how rich he is or what his connections are but I will guess he probably won't have enough to bid for an Indian Super League team and with Chennaiyin already there, good luck.

If he wants, he should take initiative now. His influence is obviously very limited at the national level but I am sure he can get something going at the state level. Try doing something. Maybe create your own Tamil Nadu league (like the Assam State Premier League etc) with 6-8 teams (Chennai City being one of them) and have rules with local players etc. Don't be all talk.
    Deb_Bandeepakc
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    exactly I was talking about his tweets. slept last night, so could not answer. I am okey with his 'anti IMG till the end of time' type tweets. but the above tweets is reflection of his poor attitude.
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    who is shashwat jha in twitter? anyone from ifn?
    https://twitter.com/shazwat?s=03