Online Chatting

Comments

• atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Sports is an entertainment industry.
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    whatever cricket is not a global sports at all you guys have to admit. Not a single person in Europe ( let's keep UK & Ireland aside ), US ( without people of south Asian heritage ), Latin America, some part of Asia know about our superstar players or even the rules of the game.
    Secondly brother please try to understand. Bermuda was playing cricket WC, India didn't participate at any world stage event in recent times. Indian footballers are not amatures at all. all are professional footballers, how can you compare Indian Football with Bermudan cricket? that is injustice my mate. Also Bermuda was within 15-20 in world ranking India is 167 at present.
    I agree with @munna219777 , bcci is too arrogant. Don't know why you guys always say bcci is very well managed. Corruption, money laundering, pressuring each and every cricket association, controlling world organisation at own wish, favouritism to state associations according to vote gained, regional politics during selection procedure, splashing huge money for incompetent players , running a betting league Indian Premier ( Betting ) League are all these sign of well management?? What about Gentlemen's game ?
    goalkeeparDomnicmunna219777rudraAKB
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    @footydip almost a similar argument can be made fir baseball but it is considered an international sport by most......

I feel ICC is also afraid of loosing its hold if the sport becomes truly global, the initiative to promote it in new countries are half hearted
    footydiprudraNagendra
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    actually I feel T20 spoiled longer version of cricket
    my dad use to watch alot of Test and one day cricket but these days he just checks score or watches Highlights
    reddevil87AKB
    One day cricket is living it's last days actually. It'll soon be tests for sentimental reasons and T20s for popularity.
    munna219777
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Yea i used to watch test where the most important quality in the sport - Endurance was tested where you could go all over bowler with style of Sehwag or make the bowlers beg for mercy with you patience with cool dravid style...
    These days it is all about home runs(i mean sixes)... cricket is recently more baseball style than the originality...
    Probably this was the reason i moved to football which despite all the modernization still has its soul still present
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    This is why baseball is dying in America slowly, living off people over 35 and the "America's Past time" title.
    munna219777
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    @footydip Nobody is saying BCCI is saint. Rather it is more corrupt than other sports organization in India. And only a handful of nation plays cricket. Despite of all these we are still known as cricket crazy nation all over the world. It is an identity by which we are known around. I am happy about that.

Yes it will be a dream if we are top nation in athletics, tennis, or football, where majority of the teams plays. But lack of sporting culture among Indians will never allow India to dominate. Till then lets be happy that we have an identity in a sport atleast.

And yes with T-20, cricket fans are now divided. Majority of people from Tendulkar and Ganguly generation are now perplexed by the state of ODI and test. Earlier it was a equal contest between bat and ball, now it is only bat. All due to T-20s. The worst part being now every tom,dick and harry can score a quick 30 or 50s in T-20 became a star after a match, just to fizzle out later in long run. Lack of consistency among players is the major reason people are getting alienated from cricket.
    atuljgDeb_BanNagendra
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    T 20 and tests can co exist...eng/sa/aus/nz gv equal priority to both (1days shld eventually go away)....in India we have given test cricket a cold shoulder......most of new generation are not equipped to play top quality tests.....bowlers don't have the stamina and guile to bowl in test matches and batsman don't hv the concentration....shld be long time bfr we are world beaters in tests
    I'd like a Test world Cup to be started, maybe like a league with home/away matches. It could turn out to be a big success.

The current home/ away tour programmes are not that entertaining. There were plans to hold a test world Cup earlier but BCCI destroyed it.
    reddevil87