Online Chatting

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6482 Points
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    edited January 2021

David Robertson shares gripping story about his former coach Sir Alex Ferguson

“Sir Alex Ferguson spotted me as a 13-year-old. When he signed me for Aberdeen, I was still a schoolboy. The most impressive thing about him was that he knew every kid. Every football-playing kid had been observed by him and he knew everything about them,” David Robertson said, before revealing details of his earliest interaction with the legendary Manchester United manager.

“One day I was training after school and he was watching us, of course. Once it got late, we prepared to return to our homes. I was at the bus stop when he stopped by in his flashy Mercedes and said, ‘Come on son, I’ll take you home.’ He did not even ask me where I lived – that’s the level of detail he had on each one of us.

He was a perfectionist. I have several stories about him, but the one story that stands out happened like this: We were playing this youth team at the U-18 level. Aberdeen’s first-team that was being coached by him had just won the Scottish championship – which was unusual as it is Rangers and Celtic FC who usually take home the trophy. But, that time, Aberdeen won and they did it in Edinburgh. So, they wanted to present the trophy to the first-team in front of their home fans,” he went on.

“Meanwhile, it just so happened that Aberdeen’s youth team had reached the Scottish Youth Club final and that game was going to be played at the Aberdeen stadium. The plan was to present the trophy after the game and we were playing against Celtic.”

“I was about 14 or 15 at that time and our team was 3-0 down at half-time. There were about 15,000 fans watching the game and our first-team was also present, along with Sir Alex. While the team-talk was going on before the second half, the doors of the dressing room suddenly came flying off its hinges and in came Sir Alex. “He gave us an absolutely thorough bashing. He shouted, he swore, but then we were jolted back to our senses and went on to win 5-3 in extra-time,” Robertson revealed.

“Again, after the game, he was the first person to come visit us and congratulate the team. My point is, he is so passionate about the game and I saw it that night at Aberdeen. That was seen later, during his days at Manchester United as well. The team might be trailing by one or two goals – but then by the time the referee blows his final whistle, he would be the winning coach.”

https://khelnow.com/football/i-league-2020-21-real-kashmir-david-robertson-bts-3

munna219777Nagendraindian_gooner
    Terrific series victory for Indian cricket team in Australia!!

What a win, with all the frontline bowlers and some of the main batsmen injured.

"Can't wait to get you to the Gabba, Ash"

Look what we have done...come to the Gabba, your fortress and rubbed your noses in the dirt! B)

Salute, INCREDIBLE INDIAstanding ovation wow GIF by ZEE TV

G_KDeb_BanNagendramunna219777indian_goonerdeepudhritiman7kartik91
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    Is our blog section active? 
    Not very sure, @dhritiman7!

In recent times, it was @mohammed_87hassan who mostly used to keep it active. Lately, he has not been too regular at IFN because of job-hunting and other commitments I guess. The last article posted there was on January 16, 2020
    dhritiman7
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6482 Points
    wow. Finally IFN is up now.

I felt void last 2 days. My Day is not complete without visiting IFN.
    thebeautifulgamegoalkeeparG_Kashindiamunna219777Carbon_14
    Wow, IFN is back!!

Life returns to normalcy, and I am being serious.

I guess to all of us here, IFN is "the cup that cheers but not inebriates" <3 <3
    souravindiaG_KashindiaNagendramunna219777Sanjeev Biswasindian_gooner
  • 2 days without IFN is difficult
    G_KashindiaNagendramunna219777indian_gooner