ISL 2014 Round 2 Match day thread

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    Kerala are a good team..their quality of football was good..they were let down by reckless defending by Gurwinder and overall by Chopra who though is a big name has not brought anything on table for them unlike what other ex EPL players have done for their clubs
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    i was talking abt shankar who said we wont get good crowds in chennai.

really surprised that we got 23k or something here. my expectation was 10-15k max that too bcos it was a holiday tommorrow.

can they try these kind of hype and bring in celebrity for each weekday match? not sure.

good publicity this match for the club.
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Chut refereeing today. BC bacha bhi bta de ki columbian striker par galat foul that. Penalty tha BC. Itne chu koi kaise ho sakta hai :( 
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Kerala Blasters have really done a nice job in terms of their logo and stuff but in terms of their on field people, they lack big time. David James is not ready to be a head coach, he should not even be a marquee at the age of 44. He should be like Mikael Silvestre, a player who is not a marquee but still payed a lot.

Trevor Morgan meanwhile should not have his influence in the team. Sachin and company should have brought in a good head coach and a good marquee in... now they will turn into the Wellington Phoenix of India.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    The games which Kerala Blasters lost were not completely one-sided. Rather they were close ones. lets wait for their home game. Kerala will have a huge home crowd and they will do better.
    ashindia
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    edited October 2014
    Home crowd or not...when your back 4 consists of 3 Indians , Sandesh Jhingan , Gurwinder and evergreen Nirmal Chettri you will struggle to build out of the back

when your midfield 3 comprises of Mehtab Hossein , Avinabo Bag and Penn Orji...you have fuck all chance of any creativity or speed of play

You have the option to Use 6 foreigners, BUT despite stacking your Backline and midfield with Indians, you then add an extra 1 up front in CS Sabeeth !!

Poor team management ! 

Any coaching staff that think Penn Orji is captain material is either on Ashlesh's special weed or climbing the toddy tree every evening.
    Penn Orji was Flop of the season for Mohd Sporting last year !!

munna219777DomnicashindiagoalkeeparMaddiegopiajeeshfootydipsamreddevil87sadyand 1 other.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    edited October 2014
    Ian Hume has been a standout performer in the Kerala team. Great work rate. To be honest they are not as bad as their finishing is making them seem to be.
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    I can finally see how slow Mehtab's passing is..he takes one touch too many..add to that an unwanted temper
    dhritiman7ashindiareddevil87
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited October 2014
    Mehtab is not the player he was once, too slow seems to be going down in terms of level of play by each passing year. Also I dont think Mehtab is a 29 year old, shold be 33-34 easily.
    munna219777
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    edited October 2014
    Went to the stadium very early at 6:10 was sitting in 350 seat till the match started that's when I realized I was in wrong seats nobody checked

Kerala wad warming up before me Chopra has a family pack
    Had a boaring 1st half but second was great
    But DJ (the guys shouting in Mic) and Big screen spoiled the day

Every 5 minutes they will be putting Rajini or sachin or amitabh bachan on big screen and divert or attention

And guys on Mic wanted Mexican wave very 2 minutes many missed Mendy goal and went to him and shouted

But I watched the goal was awesome ti watch from top tier

Orgi looked shit 34 year old Cedric from center back would run forward this guy can't even run 5 meters in 30th minute Stadium was never hot twas cool

From time Mendy Scored every one were tapping at the banner and shouting mendy mendy till the end of the match was great defending also frm him

During half time abhishek bachan and amithab bachan came for and applauded the crowd

Abhishek pointed me out in top tier I was only one there who has a T-shirt with Chennaiyin fc logo he pointed the logo at his jersey I did the same he smiled at me and went of applauding

He did that again to another guy but I was 1st

Domnicfootydipsamcoolgagannamewtheldreddevil87Nagendrasady7negimunna219777