Atletico Kolkata vs FC Pune City ( 7th November)

13»

Comments

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    After Kolkata loose to pune now I know fc goa is the strongest
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @sam Wow, that is a massive decline from the first 2 ATK games at home.
  • samsam 16425 Points
    Yeah that's true. Still more than many other cities. Chennai match expect much more crowd in Kolkata. 
  • samsam 16425 Points
    EB MB are not only clubs, they are heritage tradition history !! They are in the blood of all the Bengalis.  
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    What @sam said. Atletico de Kolkata is no where near the level of East Bengal and Mohun Bagan (and Mohammedan) when it comes to winning the Kolkata hearts. To Kolkata, Atletico de Kolkata is a short-term team to support in a different league before EB and MB return in I-League. East Bengal and Mohun Bagan have been around for a long time and have an established history within the city, whereas Atletico de Kolkata will not.

You also got the fact that Atletico de Kolkata is still a gimmick club. Every other team in the Indian Super League can be said to represent their own cities whereas Atletico de Kolkata is representing the Atletico Madrid brand. I just do not see how that would appeal to people in Kolkata long-term. I still believe a better name for the club would have been "Athletic Kolkata FC" as that is English and Kolkata is more English than Spanish anyway.
    goalkeeparmunna219777