2014-15 I-League U19

Comments

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    U-19 I-League 2014/15

United SC 2-1 Mohun Bagan AC
    Pune FC 3-0 Mumbai FC 
    AIFF Elite Academy 3-0 Sesa Football Academy
  • This AIFF Elite looks good on the score sheet. Any post match report?

AIFF Elite Academy ride Milan brace to victory

https://www.the-aiff.com/news-center-details.htm?id=6090

Milan Basumatary’s brace in either half help out the AIFF Elite academy to raise the curtains in panache to their u-19 I-league campaign from Goa Zone with 3-0 win over SESA FA at Chowugle Sports Complex on Saturday.

SESA FA holding an upper hand in head-to-head ties with AIFF EA was quickly off the blocks and showed some pace and penetration in the early exchanges. But the game steadily progressed as scripted; the visitor’s parked themselves at the back and waited for the chance to spring a counter attack.

Captain Daniel Lalhlimpuia playing in the attacking midfielder’s position exhibited a dynamic role to link the play from meticulous mid-fielder’s Malsawmzuala and Hayden Fernandes to the reckless Milan Basumatary; which proved very dangerous as the AIFF colts launched series of attack.

The deadlock was broke in 18th Minute, When Shahbaaz Khan’s precise through ball found its way into the path of Milan Basumatary, the striker cleverly evaded his markers before placing the ball to the far corner low past rival goal keeper.

The wind seemed to be in the AIFF sails as they bossed maximum possession and dictated the play till the interval.

At the half time the score was 1-0.

After the restart, the Goan outfit endeavoured to regain their composure but before they could grip the proceedings; The Protagonist, Daniel Lalhlimpuia arrowed the well set up half volley by Kamalpreet Singh to the top corner from the edge of the penalty area.       

The third goal came in the quick succession when Shahbaaz Khan displayed the marvellous piece of skill whipping the whole SESA FA’s defence. The Right back cleverly set up Milan Basumatary only to complete his brace.

At the final whistle, the AIFF Elite Academy bagged three points with a comfortable 3-0 victory over SESA FA.

The AIFF Elite Academy will be facing Dempo SC in the second round in Cuncolim Ground at 3:30 pm on 18th December 2014.

Pondicherry
  • Thanks @7negi but I don't rely on the AIFF report too much as they talk too positive about their team, etc. Nevertheless, I will have to read it as we don't know what exactly happened and how those 3 goals came about. A proper statistics would do good, I guess I am talking about these as I had been splashed by the current ISL.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I am surprised no one has talked about the results today:

- East Bengal U19 2-0 Mohammedan U19.

- Salgaocar U19 2-1 Dempo U19

- DSK Shivajians U19 6-0 PIFA U19

So ya, either PIFA is really bad or the two multiscorers for DSK are overaged... I choose to believe both.
    munna219777
    Liverpool Academy is playing from DSK ..
    munna219777
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    It's Liverpool DSK...so that's paid player's. ..plus overage NE scholarship players
    7negimunna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    That academy is from Liverpool UK? British kids?
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    No, they are Indians. Do we really believe that Liverpool would actually have kids named Rohit Kumar, Mawihmingthang, and Lallianzuala.
    Deb_Banmunna219777samiambida 25 ashindia