United Sikkim FC

Comments

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i expect that USFC to stay in i-league,there will be some kind of comprise ,maybe arrows will be out ,along with airindia and ONGC
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    usaindia wrote: »
    i expect that USFC to stay in i-league,there will be some kind of comprise ,maybe arrows will be out ,along with airindia and ONGC

<br><div><br></div><div>arrows out will be a good step in my opinion as they are not really helping the development of players with frequent squad shuffles and managerial changes..... it is better if the players move to some i-league club and train with seniors</div>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    I think i have posted it before in IFN that if one of AI or ONGC finish in the religation zone , then there will no religation and next seasons I-league will be of 16 teams.

Can find the post now.
  • shankar wrote: »
    usaindia wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>arrows out will be a good step in my opinion as they are not really helping the development of players with frequent squad shuffles and managerial changes..... it is better if the players move to some i-league club and train with seniors</div>

Ehhhh... CS Sabeeth.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    I prefer Arrows alongwith ONGC and Air India to be scrapped. Additionally, it seems AIFF wants to have atleast 4 corporate teams next season making it around 15-16 teams league.
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">But what about guys like Holicharan Narzary and Seminlen Doungel along with many other U21 players on the team? Surely they would not be able to start anywhere else now that they won't have Air India and ONGC as avenues.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I know we can always allocate these guys to the new corporate squads but I doubt any corporate team will ever have a starting striker with Holicharan without some amateur Nigerian next to him (or most likely in front of him). Also will East Bengal start Seminlen? The guy is playing regular football now and while he has not scored in every match he is clearly showing signs of potential. Great player for East Bengal in a few seasons if used right.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I would be more confortable if we allowed Pailan Arrows to play on for a few more seasons. We do not have the money to play a full length U21 league and only a few clubs have "functioning" full-season youth teams. Also the development of Indian domestic players is at an all time low. All Arrows needs is a new coach and a few squad changes and I feel we can see a mid-table side next season which would be more than perfect from a developmental squad.</font></div>
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">But what about guys like Holicharan Narzary and Seminlen Doungel along with many other U21 players on the team? Surely they would not be able to start anywhere else now that they won't have Air India and ONGC as avenues.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I know we can always allocate these guys to the new corporate squads but I doubt any corporate team will ever have a starting striker with Holicharan without some amateur Nigerian next to him (or most likely in front of him). Also will East Bengal start Seminlen? The guy is playing regular football now and while he has not scored in every match he is clearly showing signs of potential. Great player for East Bengal in a few seasons if used right.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I would be more confortable if we allowed Pailan Arrows to play on for a few more seasons. We do not have the money to play a full length U21 league and only a few clubs have "functioning" full-season youth teams. Also the development of Indian domestic players is at an all time low. All Arrows needs is a new coach and a few squad changes and I feel we can see a mid-table side next season which would be more than perfect from a developmental squad.</font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>new teams need players,so they can pick them from disbanded teams,if they have talent ,they will find a way to stick in football</div>
  • I disagree. These kids are still young, they need to develop. We can't just put them on an I-League team and expect them to fend for themselves yet. We will be back to the reasons for starting Arrows in the first place.<div><br></div><div>Guys like Holicharan Narzary for example are the ones that show potential and promise. They are not I-League regular quality though. But he is only 18. So why put him on a new team where it will be much more competitive (professional) and where he will most likely sit on the bench.</div><div><br></div><div>If we had a proper youth league and youth teams then I would agree to get rid of Pailan Arrows but with the current circumstances it is a need.</div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Look, arrows concept has gone bad to worse. I must admit initially I was in favour of having arrows, but drastic changes in team, style of play, coaches and infrastructure in every season, has diluted the whole idea of arrows. Now off field activities like not paying the dues, bad infrastructure and getting sponsors have affected the whole setup. There is no point in having a team which does not have a good bunch of talented players, good coach and appropriate infrastructure. Most of the talented players would be lost this season end, and forming a team with average players does not add any value to Indian football for mere adding experience to them. 
  • kshitij USFCkshitij USFC 250 Points
    edited May 2013
    stop discussing arrows on USFC thread.