India vs Oman World Cup Qualifier LIVE | 11 June 2015

Comments

• NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    @karansh

Oh thanks for the Info.

Why do you say that though?
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    @preetam Are you joking or what?

India with a billion strong population with a passion for football (other than Cricket) are unable to produce world class football team. 

We spend $ 45 billion dollars in our defence budget (because of China and Pakistan). But if we set aside $ 1 billion dollars it would be a huge advantage for the development of Indian football. We can also invest this money on new and old football clubs such as Aizwal FC or Pailan Arrows or Mohammedan Sporting FC etc. We can have more number of matches in I-league and make it more competitive.
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Yes let's invest in Pailan arrows
    @preetam

My heart is with you my friend but not my mind. Since we live in a democracy, masses make the choices and unfortunately the masses aren't with football in this case. Football has little to do with population and more to do with culture.The day parents buy their kids a football instead of bats for their 5th birthday, may be that day we can expect some change.May be we need footballing heros to look upto, some one who scores against Japan or becomes a regular at a decent international league.The day news channels make it a point to shove football down India's throat and have Arnab Debate Constantine. Thats when the scene will change.

Why do you think India produces so many cricketers? It's because of the culture and not because we have super advanced facilities for budding cricketers. You ll see kids playing cricket at every nook and corner. Till 1983 football and cricket were equally popular but beating West Indies, the world champions and winning the world cup changed everything. 
    coolgaganmmj.matt
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    @Naujawan ;

What you have said is true my friend. But my only concern is that upcoming football match between India and Oman. Plus India will be facing Iran in this WC qualifier. So what will happen whether India will win or lose or draw (only god knows)?

So what should India do to change the hearts of majority of India's population from cricket to football? Let there be a debate between Arnab, Stephen and AIFF since half of India's population watches Newshour during weekdays.

• coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    India is to Cricket is same as Brazil is to football. 
    Just as people here have real passion for the game of cricket where they support India wholeheartedly and seldom I have seen Indians supporting other nations, even when we are losing.
    They will appreciate good players of Australia, SA but always say India will win if we have a match with them. Such is the optimism.

Same goes for Football in Brazil. People support their local clubs, their national team, and only a couple of clubs are supported in Europe that too those which have Brazilian players in them. Mostly their own local teams are supported. You see lots of 5-a-side fields and kids play football everywhere. Har gali nukad main football chalta hai.

My ultimate dream would be to have one of the best football teams in the world with one of the strongest leagues around. Players especially Indian players would not want to go abroad but succeed here such is the level. 
    However, Asian championship will not be as exciting as European one. For that to happen, whole of Asia's level has to be uplifted. Sadly, Football is just not the game of Asia. 

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    I don't know anything ...India will qualify for Asian cup ..that's it ....fuck oman ..in home game we are beating them 2-1 ...end of story ....
    ArsenalFan700samiam
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    I am keeping fast on 11th for India's win...anyone care to join? ...with pizza alongside
    footydip
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    There was an audition before the start of the season for commentators but that was for bengali commentary.
                   Subrata
    Rino(FB)   Arnab(CB)   Sandesh(CB)  Dhanachandra(FB)

Lyngdog(BB) Sehnaj( Ball winning)

Mandar (IF) Seitya(Trequerista)    Jacki(IF)

Sunil (False9)

Dream Formation.