AFC U19 Championship Bahrain 2016 Qualifiers

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    I saw only the 2nd half..our gk looked pretty solid in that.. Very good ball distribution by him as well
  • dhungel35dhungel35 444 Points
    Sukhdev may make a few decent saves few crucial interceptions....but what i don't understand is why every time the opposition player comes with the ball he leaves his area and rushes out even when defenders are there to close down the opponent...he considers him an outfield player rather than GK.
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    Speaking in the official post match press conference, Head Coach of the Indian U-19 National Team Lee Johnson said, “We lost the match because we gave Palestine too much respect in the opening minutes of the first half and that is when they punished us.

”“We were the better Team in the second half and I am proud of the Players as they showed great character to get back in the game”.
    “However in Football goals win you games it is as simple as that,” Lee added.

Meanwhile, Head Coach of the Palestinian National Team, Ayman Sandouka praised the charismatic never-say-die attitude of the Indian players and said, “India were very hard to break down. They were making it very difficult for us to keep possession and play our game”
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    Did anyone notice Iran thumped Nepal 10-0
    The real AGsamiamSanjeev Biswas
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Sukhdev is next subrata pal
    The real AGkarenesudhakar2050
  • The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    edited October 2015
    I think this current crop has some good central midfielders, and good forwards. IMO Malswamzuala, Lalramzuala, Vinit, Bidyananda, Daniel, Mawihmingthanga, Kuruniyan, Nishu and Milan look like good players with potential to go a level up.

I am not so sure about anyone else though.

• karanshkaransh 542 Points
    Looking at the previous u19 batches this team makes me feel like the RETURN OF MASIHS into Indian football circuit.The only guy released by the formerly called aiff Navi Mumbai academy ANMA Robinson couldnt make it to CFL. The last u19 batch gave us many pros.Udanta is a household name for i league watchers, Tamang is a settled player in Lazong,Uttam, Germanpreet have decent time in local leagues,Pritam Soirasam played few matches for lazong, Narohari was in Salgaocar u19.Allen Deory even made it to cash rich isl.
     For this batch the more we talk about the defenders and the goalkeeper the gloomier the perception becomes. Apart from left back Nishu Kumar only a village team will pick the rest of the defenders. Sarthak golui is the man of blunders. The guy who irritates me most is mr.Sajid Dhot, man clearly lacks an aim ,looking at his age if he were really serious of ever playing professionaly he should have already left the academy and would have started earning good money, but our coach mr johnson cant see this.The goalkeeper, is he even made aware of his mistakes? I am asking this because he loves repeating them.The midfield most of the time baffles me with its erratic passing, the highly praised  Vinit is good defensively but should stop going for the long rangers (he is not product of the academy though). I will be surprised if even 2 to 3 of these will turn pro. Well its not all their mistake.What did AIFF give to them ? I cant find their first coach an afc a licence holder any where in the coaching domain..ANMA was the first aiff-fifa academy and they  just have failed to stand up to their name.
    karenesudhakar2050namewtheldRonnykartik91
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    Fuck lee jhonshon disappointed with defenders attitude & gk. Why he is giving repeatedly same players chances despite their is failure from players =))
  • I am tired of this discussion about how they are "past their prime" because they are all overage. You seriously cannot be accusing everyone of them to be overage @Ashlesh.

Also, not every player progress the same, some will have down turns, other will take a while to get playing at their best etc. IMO, and from what I have personally seen and heard of youth players at Liverpool and Spurs, and comparing them to what I have seen on the screen of our players, I think Malswamzuala, Lalramzuala, Bidyananda, Vinit, Mawihmingthanga, Kuruniyan, Daniel and Milan look half decent.

Bidyananda was voted the MVP at the Aspire Academy, had a trial at PSV. Milan scored against Spurs and another team in January in an international tournament, and was also on trial at PSV. Vinit already has 2 senior I-League caps and has represented Indian at U23 level. Daniel, everyone seem to agree look good. So I am not as pessimistic as some of you guys are.
    Deb_BanatuljgRonnyreddevil87kartik91silicon3gaffertape
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Which of these potential superstars have been signed by Nita?? Next year they should be setting the annual carnival on fire...especially with #IMG stated focus on youth development
    gaffertape
This discussion has been closed.