Bengaluru FC: Season 3 (2015-16)

Comments

• BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7360 Points
    Matt Holland ? So what about Richard Hood ? Wasn't he the head of youth development ?
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7360 Points
    AFC Cup Draw today
    Live stream Link

munna219777
  • Walker got better as the season went on, but I agree that BFC could have done without him. He is not a massive improvement on Siam.
    gaffertapemunna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I assume he is not being payed that much, or he is on a multi-year deal, otherwise I agree they could have done better. He also could have done well with other parts of the team like team chemistry. I heard bad things about him on the pitch but never a bad word off it and every interview I have seen of him shows him in good light honestly.

Also English, gels with guys like John Johnson, Curtis Osano, and Ashley Westwood, as well as other English/English-based Bengaluru FC guys. He was also picked directly by Ashley Westwood and based on the fact that only two foreigners, Johnny Menyongar and Sean Rooney, have left the team, I don't think Westwood is a fan to much of change as long as it is not really needed... specially when it comes to guys he selected (Rooney and Menyongar were in Indian football beforehand).

I believe he was also given the captains armband on occasion for Bengaluru FC if I recall correctly. Also 26, so entering his prime. I am very interested to see how he does. If he does not do much this season I expect him to be gone next season.

I am more surprised about Curtis Osano honestly. I always found him as a bit of a weak-link on the team. John Johnson, to me at least, had a lot of abilities that extend beyond his play, plus he is younger and has more experience. Osano though I felt was not as good last season but Westwood and co. must see something if they have kept him, made him captain in small tournaments, and he seems to have a good attitude as well.

We hear a lot about British players that come to India. They make fun of the country, exploit it sometimes. So far I have yet to see the same from Westwood, Osano, Johnson, Walker, Rooney, Reddy, Purchase, or Corner. JSW must really treat them well.
    The real AGRonnygaffertapemunna219777kartik91nikhilkuldeep007
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Ashley Westwood does look up a lot to Sir Alex Ferguson... I may be stressed big time for finals and thus I will say this but maybe Walker can be the Michael Carrick for Bengaluru FC. Never the best guy on the team but ever reliable, good personality, got on with the head coach, and just got stuck in with his job.

Also, Bengaluru FC is grooming players, which with guys who have been with the club for a while, and who are older and mature like Johnson (27), Osano (28), Walker (26), and Kim (28)... could help groom the next guys.
    The real AG
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2978 Points
    BFC to face JDT/Pahang FC (MALAYSIA), LAO FC(Laos) and  Ayeyawady United(Burma) in the AFC Cup 2016. Should be easy sail through for next round.
    The real AGdeepakc
  • Only difficult tie challenge expected to be JDT/Pahang in IMO. Should sail through the next round easily being in top 2. Even the squad is bigger and has much more depth than last season.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    really excited to see udanta how much he has improved this season hope he cements his place in the wings which will be good news to the NT which needs a pacy wingee desparatly to ease pressure on defense and to provide an option to chettri who plys in the middle for the NT.
    munna219777kartik91deepakcarun