Bengaluru FC: Season 3 (2015-16)

Comments

• debarghya89debarghya89 7328 Points
    Well if they reach the semi finals max they would have a game till 19th October. So probably the players and staff would get 2 months salary for doing nothing till I-League. Really depends on the owners how serious they are about AFC. 

The bigger problem would be as you said would be to settle down as a team before the QF' s starts.Let's hope for the best.

I am particularly curious about how Indian players would fit in their ISL teams in mid season without any pre-season!
  • samsam 16512 Points
    ISL teams have pre-season. At least some are serious about it like ATK.
    @sam  You got me wrong.. I meant BFC players who will join ISL teams later won't have any pre season with their team.
    Parth Jindal tweeted there will be some big news soon
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    The other candidates who met with BFC officials in UK was Dave Jones...former Cardiff manager
    deepakcAshleshmunna219777DX
  • samsam 16512 Points
    With this kind of signings, BFC is really thinking about ISL and Asian Level Competition. No offence, but I-League clubs, at least most of them can't match these signings. 
    goalkeepardeepakcDX
    So @gaffertape basically confirms 3 candidates
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    So how are Bengaluru FC doing on the actual grassroots part... like under-16, under-14 etc. and lower. From what I see they actually get something done there.

Your second sentence is correct. Churchill Brothers had some good foreign signings, really good, before they were gone.
    munna219777
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Agree with @Ashlesh ..BFC have gone away from their year 1 model ..and becoming more and more like an ISL franchise..
    Expensive signings and little or no long term vision with youth...

Their current youth try outs are a sign of things to come...

3 Head of Youths in 3 years...just shows the confused approach.

karenesudhakar2050
    It's a double edged sword. A new club needs success for the senior team for sure. Look at Pune FC. They seem to have spent wisely, had academies, youth teams but lack of silverware was a disaster for them.
    Now I am not comparing the two cities but BFC is what it is now, because of their success in terms of silverware.
    Hopefully the new Dutch coach will give them some stability in youth setup. Matt Holland was a joke. He was some analyst guy at Buriram.
    deepakcgaffertapeBrainFallINDIA