Delhi Dynamos Latest News

1363738394042»

Comments

• BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7087 Points
    When the league itself does not show long term vision i don't think you can expect the clubs to show that . 15Cr as franchisee fee is as ridiculous as they come. DD tried their very best to move to other stadiums. Star sports didn't give them clearence for Ambedkar stadium bcz of ''broadcasting issues" and they literally begged DU to use the rugby stadium only for the VP of DU to reject it.
    TBH DD should've stayed in Delhi anyway, the capital of the country should have a football club .

And can you really compare Thai league structure and football culture to ours ? Their clubs gets good money from TV deals and even Jersey sales.
    jitug1979Ronnygiridharan
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    Delhi as a football market needed a sustainable club.. The key thing here is sustainable.. In it's true sense no football club in India is sustainable. But as a whole Delhi needs a club like Real Kashmir,Minerva or Gokulam, not a bleeding club like DD.. I just hope some club from Delhi comes up through the I League 2nd Division.
    goalkeepar
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9281 Points
    When people without passion for football get into it for money or fame, this is what happens! Football business isn't much different than a F1 or Moto Gp. It's hard to quantify the gains in terms of pure sales or money, it's something you do out of passion for the sport and excellence. If you get some of your investments back it's a bonus. 
    haritrams24goalkeeparsouravindiacoolgagan
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10437 Points
    Yes Kashmir, Chennai City, Neroca and Aizawl are great examples for any club in India.

Running a club under 2-3cr budget, building a solid fanbase and achieving great results.

I don't think clubs need to spend 15-20 crores every year on things that don't matter at all. Spend 5 crore smartly and you can have a top quality side.

Invest the rest on building a stadium, I am pretty sure you can save huge money in long-term.

The stadium rents costs clubs huge every year and the authorities don't even maintain it properly. ISL spends huge money setting up pitches during start of every season. You can save money easily having your own stadiums
    ashindia