Indian Football Transfer News 2016-17, Rumours, Gossips, Signings, ISL 2016

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    They should have done this long time ago.
    Deb_Ban
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7380 Points
    Yea ok . Couldnt find that article btw . i remember reading it though .
  • samsam 16526 Points
    The only Sen in Iceland team. Although his name is apt for ATK as Sen is a popular Bengali surname. Remember Haldar Da ;)  
    reddevil87
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Just read that goal.com article. Couldn't the AIFF make a case that Sporting Goa, Salgaocar, and Mumbai are not being pushed out of the I-League? What is essentially happening, or what the AIFF can say, is that the I-League is disbanding completely and the Indian Super League, an already established competition, will be replacing it. The clubs in the ISL have already paid their fees to get into the league, as well as passed other criteria, and technically the AIFF have allowed the I-League clubs to do the same. All that is happening is that unfortunately, the league in which Sporting, Salgaocar, and Mumbai play in has folded and the new league which is being formed just has stricter requirements. This is similar to when the I-League was formed and how institutional clubs were phased out.

In this case I full expect one of them to acknowledge this and rebuttal by saying "The AIFF and IMG-Reliance have allowed us to "bid" but we already know we will lose no matter what" and they will complain the FIFA about that, who will go to the AIFF but then probably not much will happen.

So ya, TL;DR: There is no forced relegation for the Goan clubs or Mumbai really. The I-League is folding and you guys just don't have the strength to pass the requirements for the new first-division which will be ISL.
    munna219777DomnicCarbon_14red_devilDeb_Ban7negideepakccoolgaganatuljg
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited August 2016
    Still unless we see any AFC / FIFA recognition to these Franchises as well as league, they cannot close down I-League. This is going to be 3rd year of ISL, still no FIFA / AFC recognition-that shows their intention. If they had any such honest intention of fulfilling AFC Licensing criteria, they would have done it in first year itself.  Even a 2nd division club coming to I-league is expected to fulfill all AFC / FIFA Guidelines.
    If I-league has closed down, then FIFA will ban AIFF for not having any recognised league or clubs.
    DomnicAKBDeb_Bandeepakc
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    The PIL is coming soon to Delhi HC. I am hoping for a investigation ordered into AIFF's contract with IMG-R. 
    munna219777
  • lokeshchandaindialokeshchandaindia lokeshchandaindia1085 Points
    @ArsenalFan700 ... Looks like you know nothing about FIFA Statutes or its Constitution. Read that before posting some dumb comments on this learned group. a League cannot just fold up. No FIFA sanctioned League adopts a pay to play model. Looks liek your brains are up your a**

deepakcsanvedjadhavatuljgsamiam
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    What about MLS and A-LEAGUE?
  • lokeshchandaindialokeshchandaindia lokeshchandaindia1085 Points
    MLS is not recognised by FIFA. A-League has tohave relegation within the ext three years else they will lose FIFA recognition. You really have no football knowledge
    Deb_Bandeepakcnamewtheldarchak