Indian Football Transfer News 2016-17, Rumours, Gossips, Signings, ISL 2016

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Jofre I feel could do a job in the I-League still. Would be a great signing for a side like Aizawl or Shillong Lajong
    gaffertapered_devildeepakc
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29717 Points
    he won't last for 10 min in a high intensity I league match.
    deepakc
    Eh, I know that is sort of a joke but you underestimate him. He has started in almost every FC Goa game this season but he has come off in three of them. He looks fit enough and his experience would be valuable but I-League teams can do better (and younger)
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29717 Points
    He is 37 year old he is huffing and puffing in a 7 pm match played in winter (oct-dec) do you think he can play in Summer (may) in a 4 pm match?
    DomnicBrainFallINDIAmunna219777deepakcashindia
    The I-League goes from January to May, majority of matches from January to April. Aizawl and Shillong are relatively not the worst temperature wise apparently. I still think he can do it in the I-League but also believe that with the amount of times he might have to be subbed off or be a substitute, an I-League side could do better.
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
      one question: why do they don't have those Pepsi fridges (with Gatorade) during i-league matches?
    Is it because Pepsi is one of the ISL sponsor or something? Or who does pay for that?
    munna219777
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7390 Points
    Pepsi and Gato are sponsors of ISL.
    Carbon_14
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    @Carbon_14 ;  As per AIFF website, we see Coca Cola as one of the sponsorship partner of AIFF. It my guess that they will need Coke products in I-League.
    ISL is different then for AIFF.
    Carbon_14
  • Last season of I League had fridges on ground in matches. Only with water though
    deepakcCarbon_14munna219777
  • I feel the standard of the ISLhas gone down this year. We are at the half way stage of the season and there are only 49 goals scored so far. In ISL 2015 , there were 186 goals scored thru the season. Not that goals scored is a measure of the standard. A 1-0 result is considered ideal. But with coaches prefering to play the Indian players in defence and goalkeeping positions,what are the Foreign players who are here to improve indian football doing. Most of them play in advanced positions, but the goal averages have dropped, they can't get past the defence which are manned by Indian Players. 4 teams are struggling for ideas(Chennai,Pune,Kerala and Goa)
    munna219777Carbon_14DXsparta