Indian Football Transfer News 2016-17, Rumours, Gossips, Signings, ISL 2016

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    The key thing in that second line being 2018.

Basically if the merger does not happen for 2017-18, which is likely, then it will surely happen for the 2018-19 season.

Personally, I don't care when it starts as long as it happens by the 2018-19 season. If we have to wait an extra season in order to get everything set-up properly then so be it.
    munna219777deepakcred_devilamirsid123
  • PrakashKPrakashK ahmedabad388 Points
    No. Like gurpreet. But someone young gets CSKA call then Why not? It will give more learning experience then local clubs.
    munna219777
    Gurpreet is a goalkeeper, he can go, train and be patient cause again, he is a keeper. Does not matter that he is/was not playing cause he will learn and develop either way. No Indian field player would get into the CSKA Sofia squad and honestly the Bulgarian league is not where guys should be looking towards.
  • AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points
    @ArsenalFan700 But what will happen to the Football structure . Will they host ISL in late November ?
    I mean, they already do
  • AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points
    A month delay , How is it supposed to work ?
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30190 Points

I can assure everyone I will play in Kolkata: Jeje Lalpekhlua

Jeje and Sumit passi
    Jeje Lalpekhlua is all set to play for another season in Kolkata during forthcoming I League. Image Source: AIFF

Kolkata: He is the most sought after star in Indian football now. The career of Jeje Lalpekhlua has just rocketed skywards in the past 12 months. It started with him winning the I League for Mohun Bagan in May 2015. Six months later, he was part of the victorious Chennaiyin FC side that won the ISL in Januray this year. The 25 year old diminutive striker stamped his authority in Indian football when he scored thrice in four matches to help India winning the South Asian Football Federation championship. It is a three way race to have the Mizo footballer in their side for the forthcoming I League season. With the two Kolkata giants, I League champions Bengaluru FC are also in the fray to sign the talismanic striker. Jeje himself is quite enjoying this tug-of-war between the clubs to sign him. In a chat with xtratime.in correspondent Gopal Roy, the striker opens up about his future in forthcoming I League. Here are the excerpts:

Q)You have offers from both East Bengal and Mohun Bagan. Which club you would prefer to sign for I League?

Jeje: I have not decided yet. I am concentrating on the Indian Super League (ISL) now. Will take a call after the end of ISL.

Q) Why are you taking so long to decide?

Jeje:As I said, with ISL still in progress do not want to think about I League.

Q) Which club’s offer is better, East Bengal or Mohun Bagan?

Jeje: My agent is looking at it. All I can say if I play in I League, I will play for any one club in Kolkata.

Q) You have offers from other clubs?

Jeje: Yes I have offer from Bengaluru FC as well.

Q) Then why are you planning to play in Kolkata?

Jeje: I like playing in Kolkata. The people there are very passionate about football.

Q) Is it only because of that reason you like to play in Kolkata?

Jeje: Yes. There is no other reason. I am reiterating again, I will play only in Kolkata.

Q) Which jersey can you be seen playing for, Red and Golds or Green and Maroon?

Jeje: I have not decided. My agents are looking at it. It will among those two clubs.

Q) Are you enjoying this tug-of-war between the clubs?

Jeje: Yes, it is all because of my performance. I have to keep performing.

Q) Lastly, do you want to focus only on ISL now?

Jeje: Yes, all I want to concentrate now is ISL. I want to do better.

So, it seems that Jeje will be playing in Kolkata in spite of having offers from BFC....also, what an interview! Many of the questions are repetitions of preceding questions.

Carbon_14mohammed_87hassankartik91
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    This totally bullshit , same question 3 times . After answering 1st question that he is focusing on ISL , they ask same question again :wink: 

Q ) You have offers from both East Bengal and Mohun Bagan. Which club you would prefer to sign for I League?

Q) Which club’s offer is better, East Bengal or Mohun Bagan?

Q) Which jersey can you be seen playing for, Red and Golds or Green and Maroon?

Jeje: I have not decided yet. I am concentrating on the Indian Super League (ISL) now. Will take a call after the end of ISL.

Q) Lastly, do you want to focus only on ISL now?

munna219777shubham_northeasterndeepakcAshishKaulCarbon_14mohammed_87hassansanvedjadhav[Deleted User]
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2978 Points
    who the hell took interview ? was he on dope?
    AshishKaul
  • Going by Jeje's current form, he knows its only the Kolkata clubs who fall for him, while BFC would definitely not be interested in him! Hence he has "assured" the usually dumb media guys of kolkata!

Materazzi isn't even been giving him starts in few matches!  ;)