Indian Football Transfer News 2016-17, Rumours, Gossips, Signings, ISL 2016

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30195 Points
    http://xtratime.in/football/balwant-singh-to-stay-with-mohun-bagan-for-another-season/

Balwant Singh to stay with Mohun Bagan for another season

Balwant

Internet Desk: Balwant Singh is all set to stay on with Federation Cup champions Mohun Bagan for another season. The striker missed most part of the last season due to an injury. He was offered by East Bengal as well to play for them in the forthcoming I League. Much of the credit should go to Mohun Bagan coach for convincing him to stay with the Mariners for another season.

Mohun Bagan coach Sanjay Sen is likely to start his preparation for I League from next week. The main problem with the gaffer is most of his footballers are tired after plying their trade in ISL. Delhi Dynamos players Souvik Chakraborty and Kean Lewis will not be allowed to train with Mohun Bagan before next month as per their contract. Similarly Atletico de Kolkata players Pritam Kotal, Kingshuk Chakraborty, Debjit Majumder and Prabir Das are also binded by their contract with the franchise.

Meanwhile East Bengal is in talks with Haiti striker Kervens Belfort. The striker has played 33 matches for his country. He has scored 3 goals for Kerala Blasters in Indian Super League (ISL) this season. He scored the winning goal for Tuskers in the first semi final against Delhi Dynamos.

East Bengal coach Trevor James Morgan said after the practice session in the morning today that he is hoping to see the third foreigner being signed by December 28.

On being asked that the club officials has failed to sign both Jeje and Balwant, Morgan commented, “Jeje’s got a good couple of years. He is a good player and we have to respect where he wants to play. He is being very successful at Mohun Bagan. He knows the conditions there and is happy. There is absolutely no problem with not having him.”

Carbon_14goalkeeparamirsid123red_devil
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29722 Points
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    It was hilarious to know from Sanjeev Goenka that "ATK is more popular than any other teams in the city"....i.e. Kolkata I believe.
    Let Goenka live in Fool's Paradise till ISL & I-League are merged & ATK plays Mohun Bagan & EB.......then Goenka babu will see the harsh reality.
    sanvedjadhavmunna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Would have liked to see him go to one of Minerva or Chennai City :(
    munna219777
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    ATK owner Mr. Sanjeev Goenka has commented that his team has 8 sponsors where as on date Mohun Bagan has none & EB only 1, yes it is true......But Mohun Bagan is +127 y old & EB is +96 y old. Both these clubs do have a functioning office, a football ground, millions of supporters, neither Mohun Bagan nor EB worry about crowd support when they play any where in Bengal, both celebrate their success at the club tent (not at any damn shopping mall) & most importantly so called ATK supporters are all Mohun Bagan & EB supporters in disguise, the moment Mohun Bagan & EB start playing in the merged league they will don their respective club shirts to cheer their respective clubs. Just waiting for a match between Mohun Bagan or EB v ATK......how many would cheer for Goenka babu's team is anybody's guess.
    Goenka babu come to the reality.....which you know very well & that is the reason you don't want Mohun Bagan & EB playing from Kolkata. Please remember what happened to Tata Sports, JCT, Mahindra & a few other corporate teams..... CESC owned ATK could go the same way. Till then "Good Luck" but keep your mouth shut.   
    deepak dedhaDeb_Bangoalkeeparfootydipsouravindia
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    I hope like i said CCFC gets some players from Chennaiyin FC. A unoffcial agreement is slowly being formed between both clubs and common sense is paving way instead of ego.

If true Zakeer is an excellent signing for the def midfield position. As GK esp at i-league level Karanjit is a solid keeper and a massive boost to the back 5 of CCFC.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Where are you hearing about an unofficial agreement?
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10067 Points
    ATK the most popular club in Kolkata -- says the man who did not have the courage to celebrate outside his gift shop. Someone send him the videos of Mohun Bagan celebrating their I-league win. The whole city participated.
    AKBArsenalFan700munna219777