Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    It just gets better
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    Colm Toal 
    So he will be unofficial manager of Minerva
    indianFootballFan
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    doesnt he have A licence? He may take over as Head Coach when the team loses multiple matches under Surinder Singh.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Wills Plaza, current T&T international has been signed by East Bengal (supposedly). Believe if you want else like me wait for an official announcement.
    Carbon_14
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    edited December 2016
    Highly unlikely. They are in the middle of the season of TnT pro league. He even scored a goal for Jabloteh in the last match. Would be a good signing, if at all its true.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Wouldn't be the first time a player was signed after he played a match just a day ago even... think that happened with Cristian Lagos or something
  • KoustubhKoustubh Kolkata219 Points
    Just wait and watch East Bengal foreign recruit . They tried all big names from long back and that player almost signed but then the news came that that particular player is not available.
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30200 Points
    http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2016/12/23/30786922/i-league-dsk-shivajians-sign-striker-sumeet-passi-and?ICID=AR_RS_2
    Sumeet Passi Sporting Clube de Goa I-League

I-League: DSK Shivajians sign striker Sumeet Passi and defender Ricky Lallawmawma

23-Dec-2016 21:10:33

The Pune-based team, which had finished at the rock bottom of the points table last season, look much stronger this time around.

I-League side DSK Shivajians strengthened their side further ahead of the I-League, signing young India international Sumeet Passi and defender Ricky Lallawmawma for the rest of the season.

Passi, who had made his debut for the India national team earlier this year, was playing for Sporting Clube de Goa in the I-League last season and was part of the NorthEast United squad in the third edition of the Indian Super League. Ricky, on the other hand, was Aizawl's captain a few seasons back and had played for the likes of Chanmari and Zo United before coming back for a one-year stint at the Aizawl club.

“We are delighted with the addition of Sumeet to our squad. He comes with a good pedigree and will give us a different dimension in our forward line. He is a young striker with lots of enthusiasm and desire for the game and has also stood out while playing for the Indian national team," Dave Rogers, the head coach of the club told after the signing.

"The technical staff at the club are very excited to be working with such a good young talent. I feel there is more development and improvement to come from Sumeet. He is settling in well and showing very good progress in training ahead of the start of the I-League. We wish him every success with us here at DSK Shivajians,” he added.

He was also all praises for the Mizo full-back, who had impressed in the last season with his overlapping runs.

"I first saw Ricky playing in the Mizoram Premier League over a year ago. What stood out for me, was his defensive ability and his game intelligence. A calm and collective presence in the backline and also a very versatile player, he will offer me good options on the left side of the pitch. Ricky is a model professional and a fantastic human being who showed real desire to sign for us at DSK Shivajians. At 25, he is at the perfect age of a player who wants to improve and help us take DSK Shivajians to new heights in the long term,” he remarked.

The club has already signed the likes of Subrata Paul, Sanju Pradhan, Nirmal Chettri, Jerry Lalrinzuala and Halicharan Narzary in their squad. 

munna219777goalkeeparCarbon_14
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29722 Points
    DSK to win I-league I can conform that.
    BrainFallINDIA
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    They will be in top 3 this season