Indian Super League 2016: Schedule, Results, Live Stream, Latest News, Discussions

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    So with Zico back with FC Goa, the coaches for this edition are now official. Only two coaches are back at their teams, and both were hired in 2014. None of the coaches hired in 2015 return and for once, none of them are player-coaches.
    DX
  • samsam 16430 Points
    Oh !! Crap. No player-coaches. Now what the haters will do !!  :D
    coolgagan
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    East Bengal Football Team is a limited company which publishes audited numbers every year so stfu.
    ArsenalFan700deepakcmunna219777
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    Former Bhawanipore Coach Juliano Fontana joins as Mumbai City Assistant Coach.. Starts pre-season from today at Pune FC grounds in Mamurdi, Pune
    samdeepakc
    Debate time! This guy is reported to be becoming the next marquee player for Sydney FC in the A-League.

Would he be considered a marquee in the ISL?
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    Well he certainly won't be a Marquee in ISL but these are the guys I would love in ISL, marquee or not. Anyday better than a Simao or Mutu..
    Also I find it quite funny when they say the marquee player has it be someone renowned! I mean hell the general fans in India know so little about world football. When Helder Postiga was announced most people was like, which country is he from? Most of them watch the Euros and World Cup only. Paint their faces in Argentina colors during world cup and won't be able to name a single player other than Messi. That's why you will see the ISL Teams posts on Facebook flooded  with comments like "Sign Messi. Sign Ronaldo"
    red_devilDeb_BanAshishKaulreddevil87
    LOL, exactly. I mean, I would take this guy any day over guys like Carlos Marchena or Adrien Mutu or Nicolas Anelka. I just find it funny how I see "marquee" guys in the A-League like Marc Janko, Shini Ono, Bobo and how they would never be marquee guys in the ISL, despite the A-League being better than ISL.

Then again, Aaron Hughes is a marquee here in ISL while he was just a normal player for Melbourne City last season.

Either way, I hope once the ISL becomes long the organizers become more lenient on the marquees. If NorthEast United for example wants to sign Vladimir Hernández as a marquee, then let them. Guy is a 27 year old who is dominating in Colombia's top tier. Has never played for the national team and probably not even known outside of Colombia yet he would probably do better than the 3 ISL marquee guys mentioned above.
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    So even after 3 years f existence the circus from Pune doesn't have a training ground....some improvement over ileague
    sammunna219777Deb_BanTNAmarkFromIndia
    Not the circus from Pune, but Mumbai. Also, can we wait until we get a longer season before taking out our pitchforks? Three years? Ya, exactly, with only one season of actually getting any revenue and still operating a 2-3 month season. They have no actual incentive to build a training ground yet when they can use one already made.
    samred_devildeepakc
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @deepakc ;  It has been 8 years since IPL started. We are yet to see any training ground from them. So do not expect even an inch of infrastructure by teams of this masala format.
    deepakcDeb_Banreddevil87