ISL Week 2 Discussion Thread

Comments

• DXDX 4074 Points
    "I need to get better than today" Good on ya jerry lad!!!
    ArsenalFan700
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    how was Jerry's game?
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29633 Points
    Chennaiyin FC vs FC Goa Highlights

Carbon_14
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points

Jeje Lalpekhlua was a surprise exclusion from the game as the former World Cup winner ditched his favoured 4-4-2 formation in favour of a one-man frontline featuring his compatriot in Davide Succi. When quizzed about Lalpekhlua’s exclusion, he hit back at the journalists, stating the Indian media should be proud of watching the reigning champions finish the game with seven Indians on the pitch instead of complaining about a single player’s exclusion.

“When someone is left out, I feel bad for them,” admitted Materazzi. “I've been a player myself. Everybody wants to play all the games. In every nation – Italy, India, Spain, England – there's a journalist who's not happy. I cannot make everybody happy. Someone will say Jeje; someone will say Ganesh while someone will say Khabra. You should be proud that we finished with seven Indians, and our captain was an Indian to boot.”

Jerry Lalrinzuala was handed a start in light of his impressive performance off the bench against Dynamos last week. The youngster justified the coach’s selection as he constantly threatened Goa’s backline with his pace and sublime crosses. The 43-year-old coach said he would incorporate more youngsters into his line-up if it were not for the ISL regulations.

https://khelnow.com/news/article/i_cannot_make_everybody_happy__marco_materaz
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    The ISL almost deducted 15 points from us; nine is right there.”

Goa failed to bring back their personages from the last season, and Zico admitted that the absence of Leo Moura, Pronay Halder, and the likes is costing them the results. With their attempts to bring in a goalkeeper – citing Subhasish Chowdhury’s mysterious injury – midway through the season ending in vain, he now cannot afford to dream of bringing in top class outfield players.

“Of course, we suffer a lot [because of not beinging key players back]. Leo Moura was supposed to sign with us, but his club in Brazil didn't accept in the final moment. We lost our key players from our squad that we had in mind to retain because of all the problems we faced last season. Lucca, (Thongkhosiem) Haokip, Pronay (Halder). These were key players we wanted but, because of the situation, we couldn't sign. We have to do the best with what we have,” signed off Zico.

https://khelnow.com/news/article/fc_goa_are_passing_through_a_hard_situation___zico
    Carbon_14
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Rafi is struggling tonight and Mumbai City really need to start attacking. There is a 40-year old in goal yet they have done nothing
  • I am actually enjoying this game. Kerala fans brilliant as usual
    Oh ya, good game so far but it was pretty much all Kerala Blasters in the first 45. They should be up honestly.

I would take off Mohammed Rafi, he just does not look up to it. Bring on Farukh Choudhary or maybe even Vinit Rai. Meanwhile Mumbai City may need to add Sony Norde and Jackichand Singh soon. David Lalrinmuana has been quiet and so has Leo Costa and surprisingly Matias Defederico.
    This Imperial Blue team can go suck it
    BrainFallINDIAdeepak dedhasanvedjadhavsamiam
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29633 Points
    Great prediction from the IFN Football Encyclopedia @ArsenalFan700....Jackichand comes in place of Lalrinmuana...Coppell or his coaching staff do seem to visit IFN  B)