2017 Santosh Trophy

1789101113»

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    So what will services do?
    munna219777ArsenalFan700gopiajeesh
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Or Railways do? It has been always like this. Players registered with Association will represent that state. Same thing in Domestic tournaments of other sports also like Cricket, Hockey.

Robin Singh has played for West Bengal and I remember Sunil Chhetri representing Delhi in Santosh Trophy once.
    Traditionally teams withy local players have been dominant in Santosh Trophy. Kerala, Goa, Maharashtra, Punjab are generally full of local players.   West Bengal clubs used to be full of local players, not anymore.  Their Santosh Trophy squad also represent that situation.
    ArsenalFan700ashindia
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9963 Points
    There is a 'son of the soil' rule I think. The mother FA (origin) has the right to call a player wherever he is playing. Only after they reject/ refuge/ overlook a player, he may be called by the association under he is playing currently. Manveer and Basant Singh did not get call from their mother FAs.
    munna219777ashindia
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    @Deb_Ban I think it is other way around. I remember once Kerala wants I.M.Vijayan to play for Kerala in Santhosh trophy and due to Bengal included him in their squad that didn't happen.
    munna219777
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9963 Points
    The rule was not there during IMV's time, it's recent. And after that rule came into force, Mizoram's amazing Santosh Trophy run started. Earlier, Mizo players would appear for Bengal, because they mostly used to play in CFL.
    shibierthebeautifulgameCarbon_14ArsenalFan700munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Thats why Sunil Chhetri played for Delhi despite being called for Bengal Team I think as he was with Mohun Bagan in those days.
    Carbon_14
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    As long as they didn't break any rules regarding their squad, West Bengal won fairly technically. Congrats to Goa anyway for making it, some great talent in both squads.
    munna219777Carbon_14