AFC Challenge Cup 2012

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    I think Sunil is the one who can handle the pressure of being a captain impeccably. Nabi, somehow I think he would succumb
    Nabi succumb to pressure!!! LOL

He was the only guy in full Indian team who instead of being awed by Bayern players were actually tacking them hard, I remember everytime Clifford tacked someone, he will go and apologize...Personality wise Nabi is someone 'I don't care types'....

Although I dont mind Sunil as captain...

• AdminAdmin 240 Points
    I think Sunil is the one who can handle the pressure of being a captain impeccably. Nabi, somehow I think he would succumb

He was the only guy in full Indian team who instead of being awed by Bayern players were actually tacking them hard, I remember everytime Clifford tacked someone, he will go and apologize...Personality wise Nabi is someone 'I don't care types'....

Well you may LOL about it but the point is that there are different kinds of pressures and each person can handle one or the other. For example, you might be handling the pressure of exams well but when asked to give a speech in front of 100 people, yield.
    Similarly playing against big team and handling the captaincy are not the same thing.

But frankly I don't know Nabi personally :D
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    What is the job of FORMAL captain in football other than toss? Some players have leadership quality in them and they take the role in field irrespective of who is captain formally.
  • So it turns out that the AFC Cup (club vs club) promo was on Kolkata TV and a Shitkeeda guy picked that up and published article saying AFC Challenge Cup on Kolkata TV =))
    So what channel is the AFC Challenge Cup on.

Wow. Shitkeeda really are Shit.
  • mmj.mattmmj.matt 144 Points
    May be it will be on Ten Action... Not sure, but they are the ones that usually,
  • May be it will be on Ten Action... Not sure, but they are the ones that usually,
    Lets hope. Although I think for a competition like this TEN Sports should be the channel, not TEN Action +. Maybe TEN Sports could be used for all India games and TEN Action for all non-India games.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

Well you may LOL about it but the point is that there are different kinds of pressures and each person can handle one or the other. For example, you might be handling the pressure of exams well but when asked to give a speech in front of 100 people, yield.
    Similarly playing against big team and handling the captaincy are not the same thing.

But frankly I don't know Nabi personally :D
    Then why would you think Nabi will succumb to pressure?
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    What is the job of FORMAL captain in football other than toss? Some players have leadership quality in them and they take the role in field irrespective of who is captain formally.
    Agree...although its always nice to have your Goalie as captain or a natural leader...the organisation of defence gets much better
  • What is the job of FORMAL captain in football other than toss? Some players have leadership quality in them and they take the role in field irrespective of who is captain formally.
    Agree...although its always nice to have your Goalie as captain or a natural leader...the organisation of defence gets much better
    If Subrata was here than it would have been that (in my opinion). Our defense was solid against UAE when Subrata had the armband (dont let the scores confuse you).

Best combo would have been Subrata Pal as captain and Sunil Chhetri and Syed Nabi being vice-captains.

Karanjit should not be captain.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    If Subrata was here than it would have been that (in my opinion). Our defense was solid against UAE when Subrata had the armband (dont let the scores confuse you).

Best combo would have been Subrata Pal as captain and Sunil Chhetri and Syed Nabi being vice-captains.

Karanjit should not be captain.
    Definitely, not Karanjit. He is good goalkeeper but still has to get himself established at International level. Subrata would have been good captain if he could control his temper. His temper is his biggest enemy. Even if he would have been there he should not be 1st choice captain.