I-League 2016-17

1929394959698»

Comments

• RatulRatul Howrah1323 Points
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Rowlin played a lot, got two MoM awards as well. A fit again Jairu, Lobo, Jacki, Romeo and David were wasted. Also Shubashish should have always been the number one choice, from game 1. 
    munna219777Carbon_14
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29625 Points
    Also Robin Gurung and Haokip....In fact, releasing some of the players like Jiten Murmu, Samad Ali Mallick, Kaushik Sarkar, Prahlad Roy and V P Suhair mid-season was a criminal mistake....not only did it affect their careers, it also deprived the club of some of the finest local talents...Suhair particularly played superbly in the CFL for United SC and scored some brilliant goals....I am sure he could have scored some of those which Plaza missed
    munna219777Carbon_14arunskumar
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Not some, all of those
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29625 Points
    Just wrote that because there are still people saying that 'or paye khela acche  kintu hothat khela theke hariye jay' (he has got good skill but switches off at times)...thought I would invite their wrath...if a player is skilled, it is all the more shameful that you do not hone it, lose concentration, smile casually after missing a goal and enter your team bus nonchalantly, earphones plugged in, as if nothing has happened...got to understand the weight of the jersey...remember Samaresh Chaudhuri's words about the great P.K. Banerjee's 'vocal tonic' which he recently told to the media...before every match, he would pep talk the East Bengal players by showing them the Red and Gold jersey and tell them, in a tremulous voice: 'This jersey is your mother...would you like your mother to be humiliated in the field'...Chaudhuri recounts that even a player like him, who would enter the club tent a few minutes before the match, after having a hearty lunch of Biryani and catching a noon show at Paradise, would get instantly charged up on hearing those words....and now some of the foreigners after missing goals, reportedly say, 'It happens'...And look at the commitment of players like Sony Norde....they refuse to accept their salary unless each and every player, whether Indian or foreigner, gets it in proper time
    munna219777
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    I-League Stats for the last 3 years (2014-15, 2015-16 & 2016-17) of India's Top 3 Teams:
    BFC: P-54, W-28, Drew-15, Lost-11, Goals For-89, Goals Against-51, Points-99
    EB:  54-25-12-17-85-61-87
    Mohun Bagan: 54-29-18-7-92-44-105
    Carbon_14munna219777