Myanmar vs India : 2019 AFC ASIAN CUP QUALIFIER

mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10440 Points

MATCH DETAILS 

Date : 28th march 2017

venue : Thuwunna Stadium Myanmar

Time : 5pm IST, 6pm Myanmar Time

Match Preview - http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/blog/2017/03/19/india-vs-myanmar-match-preview-the-asian-dream-starts/
Carbon_14spartasanvedjadhavmunna219777kartik91deepu

Comments

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10440 Points
    Anyone willing to write preview for Cambodia match on Wednesday 
    Or shall I write
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9949 Points
    edited March 2017
    Does Myanmar's ranking (172) truly reflect their strength? They didn't play anyone last month, not sure if they did the month before. They play kind of robust football, not very different from our north eastern sides.

Coming to thinking about India's ranking vis-a-vis real strength, we are also misrepresented by our ranking. we are not really a 132-ranked side. We didn't do anything (literally) during last half-an-year to deserve that ranking. Differences will not be that wide (132 vs 172). Our real place is in the 140s, and theirs probably in the 150s.

Would be a good match, nonetheless.
    munna219777Carbon_14deepak dedha
    Where do we discuss the Cambodia match, btw?
  • samsam 16425 Points
    You really think we are not as good as 132? I mean you think we are worse than that?? 
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I think that at our best (aka, on paper) India is easily as good as 132.
    deepakcdeepak dedha
    Definitely. As much as I want to be in that bracket and higher, I don't think we are there; though we have the potential (you know, the 'Sleeping Giant', 'a billion hearts', and all that). We are there just because we didn't play for last half an year, and took help of a loophole in the system. Six-seven months without play means we are an unknown quantity on this day, which may or may not go in our favour [you really think our players who played in the Puerto Rico match got sharper in this seven months?]. If we played, as someone suggested, we could have won some and lose some, thereby end up probably at the 140s.

The danger of not playing is not to miss the chance of going up further (with associated risks of going down also), but to miss valuable match experience, which undoubtably is going to haunt us for some time. It is a different thing that by this trick Constantine hung on to his job, and AIFF got to complete the ISL during this hiatus; but overall, this will be detrimental to Indian football in general.
    debarghya89Carbon_14deepakcBrainFallINDIAgoalkeeparmunna219777ashindiakartik91
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10440 Points
    Cambodia thread would be up by tonight
    Deb_Ban
  • samsam 16425 Points
    If we have an overestimated ranking due to the utilization of the loophole in the system, so does others. This my friend normalizes the ranking and portray our real ranking as per current strength and talent.