How do you start a football club in India?

I mean a REAL club. I know I could always just get a bunch of guys to join up and thats a club. However that is not what I am talking about. I am talking about a club that could participate in the Indian football league.

I know the team will start in one of the lower divisions, however the process is not listed anywhere. Not even on the AIFF website.

Any help/info in this regard will be greatly welcome.

Thank You

munna219777

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 4397 PointsU23 Olympian
    Register with State FA. Then form a team and show what you got.
    BrainFallINDIAmunna219777
  • LayEgg_B4_WktLayEgg_B4_Wkt Delhi8 Points
    Hi,

Thank you for the reply. However could you please be more elaborate.

I am based in Delhi and this is where I would like to start the club. However I don't know how to register with DSA. There is no prospectus available nor any real info.

What are the requirements? what is the fee structure like?

Also I don't understand what the promotion structure is. Suppose the team does well and eventually one day wins the Delhi State's top division. Will the club then be able to get promoted to I-league's lowest tier?

Unless the path forward is clear then there is little point in starting. There is a total lack of info in this regard. If you could shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated.
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India5578 PointsU19 International
    If you dont even have the basic idea on this topic , why are u even thinking about it ? what is your motivation ?
    ashindiamunna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar I am best player in the world16106 PointsAmateur Footballer
    you need money bro.
    munna219777
    @BrainFallINDIA -

The motivation my friend is to get some basic idea on this topic. That is why I made this post. If I already had the basic idea, why would I have made this post?

• 7negi7negi India10345 PointsAmateur Footballer
    @LayEgg_B4_Wkt  Just go to DSA office and take a form to start a B division club for which you need to pay around 20 Lakhs rupees to DSA as a fees . Another way is buy any existing club in same price .
    shanks_dehighlivingmunna219777PrakashK
    @LayEgg_B4_Wkt  to play in I-league second division you just need to be part of top state league and registered to state association , After that you can express interest to play in second division to AIFF .
    shanks_dehighlivingmunna219777
    Thank you for the info. 7negi.

Could you also please elaborate on the tier structure. I understand that from B the clubs get into A division and then senior division. However what happens from that point on.

Is there any way to then get into I-league 2nd division? How does that work?
    @LayEgg_B4_Wkt For playing in Second Division there are not any conditions of winning state league , if you are part of state league then you can apply for second division I-League
    munna219777
    Correction fee for B Division club is 8 lacs
    munna219777