Bengaluru FC: Season 5 (2017-18)

Comments

• MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2974 Points
    FYI - Kanteerava is not small stadium. West block alone holds more than 5000
    BrainFallINDIA
  • @Maddie
    Well I think what he meant was WBB started organising the people when the numbers were less and it has grown gradually. 
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    Thats one way to put it . But compare it to JLN Kochi, it IS a small stadium. 
    It is 4th largest stadium in the ISL. 

AFC CUP 2018: South Asia Zone preliminary round qualifier dates are announced, BFC will play against Transport United from Bhutan. Away on January 23, Home on January 30.

ISL matches are scheduled during that period, against Northeast United FC on 26th January and against Chennaiyin FC on 31 January. Hopefully ISL schedule will be changed.

This is where IMG-R have to bend.

I have weird feeling this will be BFC's last AFC cup

Deb_Bangoalkeepar
    Too much tinkering to the playing 11 squad in the name of rotation caused the game.  Loss against Chennai blame should go to ROCA.  We shouldn't have removed Johnson. We could rested the Johnson against JFC. We lost the battle in the mid field. Tony was not able to hold the ball and distribute. Nishu Kumar/Bose/Beke/Khabra cant hold the defense, we need Johnson/Juan to guide them. 
    munna219777goalkeepar
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Bengaluru lost because they gave up an early goal and from then on Chennaiyin could focus more on defending (which isn't hard for them with that backline and their strong, defensive minded midfield).

Roca did make a mistake in his line-up by starting a guy like Kumar over Bose (who did well last match) and also playing Johnson over Juanan (Johnson hasn't been good this season)... also should've started Paartalu and Udanta instead of Toni and Lenny. However, it shouldn't be the reason they lost.

Also I don't get this forum's hate of Khabra... because he is older? Guy has been solid for Bengaluru at right back this season and Rahul Bheke also had a good game in the middle against Chennaiyin.
    karenesudhakar2050deepak dedhashubham_northeasternsparta
    Johnson hasn't been good this season - ROFL.  I think you haven't watched full game. Juan was poor,  always out of position, marking skills doubt-able.  Sometimes he gives heart attack of conceding the penalty.  

Not starting Paartalu and Udanta was concern.

I prefer below Lineup any day.  5 foreign players in the starting line is good for BFC instead of 6

GSS
    Rahul - Juan - Johnson - Khabra
    Garcia - Lenny - Paartalu - Udanta 
    Sunil - Miku

--
    Bench - Ralte/ Nishu /Bose/Dimas/Toni/Nobrega

starting Lenny/Toni/Dimas in the midfield  was the bad choice and the result was evident. BFC played pathetic in the first half and unfortunately early goal due to clearance mistake. if the Johnson was there, 2nd goal would have been saved :) 
    deepak dedhaAshkaul5shubham_northeasternsanvedjadhav
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    You're overrating Johnson. Guy has evidently been slower this season and has mistimed a few of his tackles. Juanan has been better. Also Khabra on the left? You actually want Lenny to start? Dimas has been so much better.

You guys played a backline of Khabra-Bheke-Juanan-Bose on Thursday and against Pune City and they were so solid. Honestly the line-up that match was probably the best, just swap in Gurpreet for Ralte and Edu Garcia for Braulio.

Also I've watched every match up till now
    deepak dedhaAshkaul5shubham_northeastern