Indian Super League 2017-18

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    No where near English football
    Miki
  • Rav92Rav92 Kolkata1660 Points
    Some people's ass burns when we talk bad about ISL. This is quite obvious because their only love affairs for football come from ISL.
    DXmunna219777goalkeepar
    Might as well point them out if you wanna talk tough
    Rav92gaffertape
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    We were having a vibrant and colorful league which had pan india presence when we had the NFL.

If it was Wednesday afternoon it was time for Proper Football under NFL.

South India was proud to be represented by stalwart clubs like Indian Bank, HAL and "Chirag" Kerala so much I remember the countless derby fans fighting outside the stadium.

Imgr is to be blamed for ruining that.
    sudheermylankalgaffertapegoalkeeparkartik91teji
  • Rav92Rav92 Kolkata1660 Points
    NFL, I League or ISL which is better I don't want to comment on that. If a lady dictate our football with no footballing brain, and people appreciate that I have nothing to say. I just want to say after 5-10 years where we will stand I just want to see that.
    gaffertapesouravindiagoalkeepar
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    He is being too pessimistic, But the fact is we cannot let Reliance dictate the terms of Indian football. ISL is the future, but surely not in the way it is currently being handled.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    I believe the problem is when she shows her face and claims to represent Indian football, that's what makes people angry. I can empathize people who go crazy over that.

Managing the game is a problem in India, If she is one side of the coin the other end is PP and KD. You are caught in the middle.

Both sides have cons. As Indians we are used to choose the lesser evil.
    thebeautifulgamedev_pfc
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    Between the devil and the deep sea, between "Botox Aunty" and the "smiling villains" of AIFF B)
    I really doubt that she does anything in regards to organizing the ISL or organizing Indian football. She is the face of it all but bet she just does nothing and lets guys like Sundar Raman do all the work.
    gaffertapearchakkartik91
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    @DX agreed. I dont' mind Neeta Ambani being AIFF president if she is handles it properly. but everyone knows she will have her own interests so that ain't happening. 
    Problem is AIFF has not realized the proper potential football has in India or they are not willing to lay the groundwork since the benefits of this are not immediate , so who ever is at the helm of AIFF are looking for short term perks which was the reason of behind on boarding of IMGR.
    Ratul