India U-17 Vs USA U-17 (FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017)

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @7Negi And the dislike was for?
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    I think we are setting our standards low

We spent crores on this team on coaches,infra,travels etc etc
    Never seen so much spent on a particular team

We hardly look like scoring even uttam rai U-16 batch,Jeje batch played much better attacking wise gainst good opposition 
    Rav92sanvedjadhavBrainFallINDIARonnymunna219777gaffertapedeepakcsouravindiaashindiaCarbon_14
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    edited October 2017
    I would love to hear what @gaffertape has to say
    munna219777gaffertape
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Komal is easily dominated physically but atleast is skillfull. He won't go far unless he works on his upper body strength. Dheeraj stood out, this is a lad who is worth grooming for the senior NT. Most of the starting XI seemed bad at basics, i.e. trapping and passing the ball. We were lucky this wasn't a 5-1 or a 6-1 scoreline, Dheeraj did save us the blushes. 

IMO, except of 3-4 players, this team is poor technically and physically. Ghana would be a tougher match.
    Ronnymunna219777archakThe real AGarunskumar148deepakcsouravindiaashindia
  • Rav92Rav92 Kolkata1660 Points
    If money could produce result then America or other country could be the champion for ever and ever again. Its about culture.We simply doesn't have that. If you look Gabriel Jesus, Adriano and other brazilian player or any popular south american player even african player they usually comes from poor family. And not get the coaching at early age but they love football, they start to play football at the age of 3-4. Everyday they try new tricks with the ball. They worship football. India has to love football first. Bring the culture of football first then you will get the result. With the limited resources the way they performed, I am happy with that.
    rathorevarun4 BrainFallINDIAmunna219777shakkeerKMMikikartik91goalkeepar
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    "Strongest point of this team is its collectiveness. Some players can get better, and I like the way the team was together and organized. I never say that it was easy, but I say that we’ll fight for it- Luis Norton de Matos.

https://khelnow.com/news/article/fifa-u-17-world-cup-2017-india-vs-usa-luis-matos-post-match-press-conference
    munna219777SOCCER4klCarbon_14
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Dislike by mistake, Was using phone
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    The guy sitting with me gave a very crucial quote for potential reason of our inferiority in the match...
    "yaar NE ke players ko koi heights ka hormone injection de do"(somebody inject height promoting hormone to NE lads)

Though this comment was meant to be jovial... the fact was the entire team looked physically way behind the standards of the US team and that played a major role in our average performance... else we could have possibly performed better
    gaffertapesouravindia
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Also for some reason this team was reluctant to use wing changes or long balls in their tactics.. in a match like today, where we struggle to stay in opponent's half, i was not sure how the tactic of not utilizing the run which Komal was ready to take many times...expecting a long ball or through ball
    munna219777