2019 FIFA U20 Bid

Comments

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i think we will get the bid for sure and FIFA wants to continue with the progress we made in u17
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    Do you have a source that says nobody else appiled ?
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
     In contrast to the U-17 World Cup, for which the formal bid had been made only a day before the deadline lapsed, the bid for the 2019 World Cup was completed over a month before the 1st November deadline for the same. The FIFA Council is expected to announce the winning bid in the first months of 2018. Despite the AIFF's optimism, there is little certainty of India winning the bid. The previous edition of the tournament was held in South Korea and FIFA is likely to take the tournament to a separate continent.
    munna219777Carbon_14
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29574 Points
    http://xtratime.in/what-are-indias-chances-to-host-fifa-u20-world-cup/

Kolkata: India has just made a formal bid to host the 2019 FIFA U20 World Cup a month ago and the Local  Organising Committee (LOC) tournament director of the ongoing FIFA U-17 World Cup Javier Ceppi said that the nation can host bigger tournaments in near future.

“We are 66 percent into the World Cup. We have 16 matches left and the response has been amazing.

"After 36 matches, the turnout is more than the what was in the 2011 Cricket World Cup after the same number of matches.

“The average attendance has 23,000 per match. The total turnout so far has been over 800,000,” Ceppi told reporters after the group stages came to an end on Saturday.

According to Ceppi the average crowd of the India matches was almost 49,000.

On being asked whether there are any chance of India hosting the U-20 World Cup, Ceppi said,”We are looking at a record attendance at youth tournament here in 2017. At this point it’s double to what Chile had in the entire tournament.

“I think until this moment after hosting 36 matches, the outcome of India hosting further football events and high level football events is positive because people have realised…you don’t know how many calls I got from football people and friends from all around the world saying on TV it looks fantastic.

“How to maintain these in the future is we need to see. But possibilities are there for India I am sure,” the Chilean, who has been involved with World Cup work since Day 1, added.

“The nation, if it were to bid for the U-20 World Cup or other World Cups..I feel there are other facilities that are coming up in the country that would be in a good position to be frontrunners,” Ceppi said when asked about supervising other venues beside the six hosting the U-17 event.

Kolkata, Goa, Guwahati, Kochi, Navi Mumbai and New Delhi are the six venues.

munna219777Carbon_14
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    apart from fifa events arent there any afc events that india can host? if we dont win bid for big events we can go for small ones . i'd like to know more about that 
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    how many times we hosted it? 
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    The Asian Cup? None.
    munna219777
  • shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points
    Hope India will host AFC Asian Cup 2023
    munna219777
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Who care for 2023, Lets pack our beg as We are going to UAE 2019
    Carbon_14SOCCER4klshakkeerKMgoalkeeparsouravindiamunna219777