2018 I-League 2nd Division

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
     FYI Fateh are not playing their matches in Hyderabad but instead Anantapur. 
    munna219777Carbon_14
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Anantapur was in news few years ago with some spanish connection. Nadal helped with some Academy and some Hockey ground was also built. Some Documentary about football was also there. Any pics from Fateh playing in Anantapur ??
    NagendraCarbon_14
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6500 Points
    ;munna219777

good to know about Nadal visit.. not aware of it..

However, I heard earlier about sports village & Rural Development Trust..  founded by Vincent Ferrer and Anne Ferrer 
    and yes you are right.. They are from Spain... For more details, refer

http://anantapursportsacademy.in/about-us/about-rdt/
    deepumunna219777
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    from their website
    Spanish clubs FC Sant Vicenti and FC Sant Cugat hold annual coaching camps for all athletes’ part of the ASV Academy, as well as children from the grassroot and development centres.
    Carbon_14
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29650 Points
    FC Pune City Reserves 3-2 Lonestar Kashmir
    Carbon_14
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @Nagendra This is from 2010 visit of Rafael Nadal to Anantapur. It was ignored by Indian Media though.

thebeautifulgameCarbon_14deepuDeb_BanNagendra
    http://www.goal.com/en-in/news/i-league-second-division-hindustan-fc-indian-football/zg36y8a3gti81aa0a8rso6umk

Amidst the poor standard of Delhi football, Hindustan FC are defying all odds

Delhi is not known for its quality of football, but Hindustan FC are proving this wrong.

Hindustan FC, founded in 1948, have been the flag bearers from the capital in the second tier of Indian football, having participated for a record 14 times. 

Interestingly, club president DK Bose states that the team is focused on reaching the top-tier of Indian football. That can be gauged by their current group standings. "There is not much motivation to play in the second division anymore. We are very eager to move to the first division of the I-League, either through the corporate quota or via qualification," DK Bose told Goal.

Contesting in the top-tier can be challenging, both on and off the field. While having a massive budget doesn't guarantee success, in order to compete at a certain level, the club's budget has to grow. But president Bose believes that clubs can work wonders even on a tight budget, citing reigning champions Minerva Punjab as an example.

"To sustain in the first division you require a minimum of six to seven crores (INR) but look at Shillong Lajong or Aizawl who qualified with a small budget, (which proves) there is an exception as well. Also look at Minerva (Punjab) - with a limited budget they became the champions. So if Minerva and NEROCA can do it, why can't other clubs?’’ he retorted. 

DK Bose Hindustan FC

While Bose is working on the future of the 70-year-old club, coach Vikrant Sharma is relishing his debut managerial stint at a second division club. Under his guidance, Hindustan sit second in Group A, just below Real Kashmir on goal difference. Undefeated so far, Sharma is impressed with the team spirit. ‘’Nobody can guarantee results but as long as you are passionate and giving your 100 percent, results will automatically follow,’’ he asserts.

However, the former Dempo SC goalkeeper has pointed out the drawbacks in Delhi football. "Coaching Delhi boys is very difficult because technically they are not as good as other boys in India. The thing that Delhi clubs lack is financial muscle power. Somehow Mr. Bose is managing it like Churchill Brothers do and it is commendable.’’

Hindustan FC Vikrant Sharma

Sharma mentions that the lack of competitions in the capital city hurts its budding footballers. Further, he adds that substandard quality of coaching has also been an alarming issue. "The problem in Delhi is that the boys don't get many tournaments to play. There are only the Delhi leagues. I am now 44-years-old; I left Dempo around 2002. You can imagine that if I played in the Santosh Trophy for Delhi state till 2015 at the age of 42, what the standard of football in Delhi must be.

"You get players from schools and colleges, but we don't have coaches who have played at a good level to make them technically sound. So when you are not technically sound and come at this level, you can easily see the difference between a mature and an immature player.

"Maturity comes with time. The more tournaments you play and the more you play against better teams is how you learn, but that is not the case in Delhi, where you hardly get any tournaments to play.’’

With 19 points garnered from nine matches in the preliminary round, Hindustan have sealed their spot in the final round. Taking into account the quality of Delhi football and the performance of Hindustan over the years, Sharma believes the boys must be credited for ‘fighting against all odds’.

Mikimunna219777debarghya89ashindiadeepak dedhasparta
    https://khelnow.com/news/article/i-league-2nd-division-trau-chennaiyin-b-report

TRAU FC qualify for final round of 2nd Division I-League

The Manipuri side is now in the pole position of Group C.

Tiddim Road Athletic Union (TRAU) FC registered an impressive 4-0 victory over Chennaiyin FC B in the 2nd Division League at the Khuman Lampak Stadium today.

https://khelnow.com/news/article/i-league-2nd-division-jamshedpur-bengaluru-report

Jamshedpur FC Reserves one up Bengaluru FC 'B' in Second Division

Bengaluru FC 'B' suffered their second loss of the campaign going down 2-1 to Jamshedpur FC Reserves in a thrilling 2nd Division League clash at the JRD Tata Sports Complex, in Jamshedpur, on Wednesday. A Gourav Mukhi (74’, 87’) brace on either side of a Lalrintluanga Chawnglut (75’) strike meant the Blue Colts (17 points) dropped to second place in Group-C, three points behind leaders TRAU FC (20).
    spartaCarbon_14munna219777
    http://www.goal.com/en-in/news/i-league-2nd-division-fateh-hyderabad-kerala-blasters-delhi/sj39314us6uk1jr2cmfdkd0ic

2nd Division I-League: Fateh Hyderabad crash out, Dynamos prevail in Delhi derby

It was a day of twin wins for the reserve sides of ISL teams in the penultimate gameday of the second division...

Indian Super League (ISL) team Kerala Blasters' reserve side upset Fateh Hyderabad 4-2 in the 2018 2nd Division I-League at the Anantapur RDT Stadium on Thursday.

The loss at home effectively means the Hyderabadi outfit will have no chance to qualify for the final round even if they win their last match on Sunday.

Most of the damage was done by former Shillong Lajong playmaker Shaiborlang Kharpan (14' and 75') who now has seven goals in the tournament from as many appearances.

Sahal Abdul Samad (42') and Suraj Rawat (45+2') made it 3-0 before the break. After conceding four, the hosts replied back with two of their own through Hitova Ayemi (78') and Lalliansanga (90+6') but it was too late.

The Yogesh Maurya-coached side are 4th and have 14 points from 9 games as Kerala Blasters 'B' are a spot above with 18 points.

Meanwhile, at the Ambedkar Stadium in New Delhi, the Delhi Dynamos 'B' recorded a narrow 1-0 win over city rivals Delhi United.

Seiminmang Manchong (45+3') scored late in the first half and that remained as the only difference between the two sides. With their second win of the campaign, the ISL outfit's reserve side move to the 4th spot with 8 points.

Delhi United, who were already out of the race to qualify for the final round remain 5th with the same number of points but lose out on the head-to-head record with their previous game against the Dynamos drawn.

munna219777indian_gooner