India in Asian Games 2018

Comments

• shibiershibier 2996 Points
    Sindhu also lost in the final .. she was nowhere matching the opponent (world #1 Chinese Taipei girl ).  Not a good day for us. Luck is also not favouring us.
    munna219777Carbon_14
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    The Koreans had 2 arrows under review, both were upgraded after looking at the review.

This is beyond cruel.

My heart hurts to say this but I feel that our Athletes choke under pressure and us as a country we suck when it comes to luck. 3 fourth place finishes at the Olympics highlights that point.

Yesterday, two finals were held in Archery in Team Events, Korea being the top-ranked up against Chinese Taipei in both(Recurve Team Events). Despite being the underdogs Chinese Taipei beat both the higher ranked Korean teams in both the finals.

Today, we were up against both Korean Teams(Our Women"s team being ranked no.1 officially in the world and our men, even though ranked below Korea but were really shooting well in the final). End Result, irrespective of the ranking/form, we lost both the finals.)

What I am trying to say is that we are never the one"s who upset the odds like Chinese Taipei did.

From a promising position of potentially getting two Golds, we end up getting none. The same thing happened in Kabaddi and the same thing happened in Equestrian as well.

We had a 90% chance of winning these 6 Golds but we fucked it under pressure and ended up not winning even one. Chokes happen in other countries as well but they would still have won at least 3 out of 6 of those medals.

In other countries, if a fancied person losses than he/she is compensated by another slightly lesser fancied athlete but in India, our Athletes don"t compensate for others which is a big shame.

We don"t produce Champions, we only produce chokers(i am extremely hurt saying this but this is the fact). 

This was a brilliant and a genuine opportunity for us to win at least 18-20 Gold medal(no exaggeration) but we have fucked it big time once again as we generally do.

[Deleted User]rathorevarun4 munna219777Carbon_14shibierashindiakartik91
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    India Men's Team in Table Tennis lost to South Korea in the semi-final and wins Bronze Medal.

ashindiaCarbon_14
    In Mens Hockey, India will play against Malaysia in the semi-finals. Pakistan has topped the other group and they will play South Korea.
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited August 2018
    Hima Das, I feel is still a raw talent.She has huge room to be groomed. She is still not a matured runner yet.

I am feeling very positive for this girl because more raw means more scope for improvement.

Let's see what she does in the future.

As for now,at least 8-10 of our Gold's have been stolen by Africans for Qatar and Baharain in Athletics.
    munna219777deepuCarbon_14archakshibier
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    Sindhu is great athlete but "Sindhu and Final" is becoming norm.
    archakmunna219777kartik91
    edited August 2018
    How many more Gold medals can be expected now ?
    G-9  S-19  B-22

jinson / manjit in 1500 meters
    Dutee Chand in 200 m
    Semma Antil in Discus throw
    Men and Women 4x400 m relay
    2 gold in Hockey
    2 Gold in Squash Team events
    Boxing maybe
    Womens Heptathalon

Ten 3 channel is rubbing salt in the wound by showing Men's Football match from Asian Games Live !!!