• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Marcus Joseph scores today.

In 65th minute, Gokulam Kerala 1-1 Indian Arrows
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29629 Points
    FT GKFC 1-1 Indian Arrows
    munna219777

Minerva Punjab to forfeit match against Real Kashmir in Srinagar

Minerva Punjab's request to the AIFF that its match against Real Kashmir in Srinagar on Sunday either be deferred or shifted to a neutral venue in the wake of the terrorist attacks in Pulwama has been turned down. The match will go ahead as scheduled. 

However, Minerva, which is yet to reach Srinagar, has decided to forfeit the match, citing security issues as well as to pay homage to the slain CRPF Jawans.

I-League CEO Sunando Dhar said local security authorities in Srinagar have given the go ahead to hold the match at the TRC Ground. He said the AIFF has been assured by the local authorities of all the necessary security arrangements for the players and officials.

“Our officials are already in Srinagar in preparation of the match. I have spoken to the match commissioner and he told me that the situation in Srinagar is currently normal. The local security in-charge of the match has also assured full security to the players, officials and all those related to the match,” Dhar told PTI on Saturday.

“We have been assured that the whole security bandobast of players’ transport from the airport to the team hotel and for travelling from the team hotel to the ground and return on match day will all be provided. So we have decided to go ahead with the match,” he added.

On Thursday, at least 40 CRPF paramilitary troopers were killed in a terror attack while several others are battling for their lives following what is being termed as the deadliest terrorist strike in three decades in Jammu and Kashmir.

As expected Minerva Punjab FC owner Ranjit Bajaj said his side will forfeit the match instead of playing it and “disrespecting the honour of the slain jawans“.

“We are not going to play the match, we will forfeit it. We have decided it and I have no second thought in doing that,” he said.

If Minerva forfeits the match, Real Kashmir will get all the three points. In that case, the Jammu and Kashmir side will have 35 points from 17 matches. Leader Chennai City FC (34 points from 16 matches) also plays against Shillong Lajong on Sunday.

Bajaj said he had asked the AIFF to furnish him a security assurance from the local authorities that his players would be safe in Srinagar. “They could not give it. The AIFF wants to portray that the situation in Srinagar is normal but it is not normal there,” he said.

Bajaj earlier had written a letter to the AIFF, requesting to shift the game from Srinagar to another venue.“My team jersey has the line written ‘We Salute Indian Army’ A game of football is nothing compared to what has happened,” Bajaj had said.

Third-placed East Bengal (31 points from 15 matches), which is scheduled to play Real Kashmir on February 28, has also got in touch with the AIFF after the attack, expressing similar security concerns.

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/football/indian-football/i-league-minerva-punjab-forfeit-real-kashmir-match-in-srinagar-pulwama-terrorist-attack/article26292527.ece

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29255 Points
    EB is set to forfeit there match in Srinagar, 6 easy points of RKFC.
    How will EB win the fixed I-league then?
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29255 Points
    This attack has put water on plans of aiff, let's see what aiff dos in coming days. 
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    @goalkeepar Most likely CCFC will lose their next two games and RKFC will lose to Arrows
    deepu
    Too many "loose" comments here! :( :s
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    EB is set to forfeit the match ???  Any statement from their side ?