I-League 2018–19

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    So are they going to have Minerva FC vs Real Kashmir match on 12th March ??
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29628 Points
    Doesn't seem so from this report

Minerva Punjab will be provided full-proof security including armoured vehicles in Srinagar

Real Kashmir boss Sandeep Chattoo Monday allayed Minerva Punjab’s security concerns, saying the visitors will be provided armoured vehicles for travelling purpose during their I-League rematch.

While a date for the rematch is yet to be finalised, Minerva Punjab owner Ranjit Bajaj said it would be prudent to organise the re-match as soon as possible to avoid confusion, given that the Super Cup Qualifiers are starting from March 15.

“When get the clearance from the authorities there should not be any problem. The team will be taken care of well and provided armoured vehicles to travel from the hotel to stadium and back. That’s how it has always been here. We are absolutely ready to host them,” Chattoo told PTI.

He added, “If we get the go ahead in a day or two, we presume the match could be held around March 20.”

The February 18 game did not take place after Punjab refused to travel to Srinagar, insisting that their foreign players had been advised against it by their respective embassies in the aftermath of the Pulwama terror attack.

The game’s host, Real Kashmir FC co-owner Chattoo said he was “very optimistic” about getting a security clearance from the concerned authorities in a day or two.

“Ideally, the match should have taken place by now. It should be held as soon as possible as the Super Cup is also starting soon. We are always ready to play in Srinagar provided we are given security assurances,” Bajaj said.

Real Kashmir had turned up for the game last month, saying that all the security arrangements were in place and they be awarded the three points after Minerva’s no-show.

Minerva Punjab went on to argue that their pullout could not be considered a forfeiture since it was on security grounds. The club refused to forego the three points, taking the matter to the Delhi High Court.

The court asked former champions Minerva Punjab to go back to the All India Football Federation’s (AIFF) I-League Committee for a resolution.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/football/minerva-punjab-will-be-provided-full-proof-security-including-armoured-vehicles-in-srinagar-5621425/

munna219777
    What Rubbish !!! This match will impact the ranking in I-League. Super Cup Draw depend on that Ranking only. They cannot have Super Cup match first and then play I-League after that.
    SoccerloverspartaCarbon_14
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29254 Points
    Not even a Tank can stop 300 KGS of explosives so its still unsafe. What if someone lobs a grenade in Minerva Punjab team bus? Like Hizbul Mujahedeen targeted civilians by lobbing granade on bus stop 4 days back.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    If you have to use armoured vehicles, you need the Army there and not football players. If anything happens, RKFC and AIFF must be charged with abetting to murder.
    debarghya89goalkeeparSoccerloverCarbon_14
    Real Kashmir has hosted 8 matches successfully this year without any incident !!!

Local authorities know better as they have to arrange Police Bandobast.

If AIFF start panicking, then there will be a question mark on every match in the future.

I think that it is more about ego and court arguments then anything else.
    dev_pfc
  • samsam 16428 Points
    So pre and post pulwama are same?
    Troubles are  there since 1989.

It was not a "La La Land" before Pulwama !!!

goalkeeparspartaashindia
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    If you can't have Indian cricket NT play in Kashmir, our top football league shouldn't happen there either. Local authorities? The state is under Presidents rule for FFS, no one will own up if an incident happens. 

• spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    https://xtratime.in/phrangki-buam-the-latest-gift-of-reliance-foundation-to-indian-football/

What a fucking typo of 6 goals in 200 goals!!!!! 

Btw, didn't know the Reliance Foundation connection or it is made deliberately??

And who is catching the young sensation? If not anyone he should be there in the Arrows setup
    SamyajitDeb_Ban