INDIA vs UAE : AFC ASIAN CUP 2019

1161718192022»

Comments

• maswaltymaswalty Dubai228 Points
    I think uae players were using special shoes as they didnot slip down  and fall, Only Indians players fell down something to note down . The first goal we conceded because our defense slipped down . Udanta was superb , Chhetri was superb we need someone to hold the game at center which we don’t have in our team . Poor player selection by Constantine is exposed. We need to have some replacement to fine tune this team . Jeje is useless ,  pronay was struggling  in second half , Ashique Kuruniyan was struggling in second half . We need player like seriton  , rahul bheke ,soosairaj  enough list our coach ignores to look .
    alecssouravindiaAbhishek
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    I would beg to differ. Ashique wass pretty efficient in the wings in my opinion. He has the physicality, plays with passion, has good work rate. Not as speedy as Udanta but pretty efficient. Won us the penalty in the first match. 
    munna219777AbhishekRonny
  • @maswalty, an excellent observation which everyone of us missed. I remember during one such moment commnentators said the field was watered before the match resulting in players slipping. Now u can always adjust the studs in your boots to use longer spikes which holds on to the ground better. Players used to do it in kolkatK leagues during rainy season. Whether uae used such boots we can't say. But definitely it had an impact.
    Jeje slipped in their penalty box and could not latch on to the pass of Chhetri, which could have been a golden moment for India.Rightly observed
    munna219777Abhishekgoalkeeparspartathebeautifulgame
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    SC cannot plan for missed chances, ball hitting the upright and biased referees. The substitutions were based on our situation in the ground.

Original idea was to have Ashique till around 60-65 minute mark and then bring Jeje in place of him.
    But UAE Goal just before HT rattled SC and it was important to score as soon as possible, Holicharan was sacrificed as a result. Jeje got one chance but his volley went inches wide. It could have been a masterstroke.
    Ashique did well in matching tall UAE defenders with his work rate, shoulder strenght, physicality. Very impressive.
    It was not Sunil's day and he was playing a bit behind then usual to support midfield.
    For corner/setpiece, they brought Rowlin Borges to bring extra height without committing our usual defenders upfront which would have been disastrous in the case of quick UAE counterattack.  But crooked referee denied Corner atleast 3 times.
    Jackichan Singh had fresh legs and ability to shoot thru tight angles.

Unfortunately it was not our day despite playing a good game against strong team.

Deb_BanCarbon_14Abhishekgoalkeeparspartathebeautifulgamesouravindia
  • Right now am hoping we can display such football as we did yesterday against Bahrain..if we do so and with some luck  going our way we can surely win this..if not a win at least a draw. 
    Never thought I will say this, if we go on to win against Bahrain I would say AIFF should stick with SC for about a year or two.
    munna219777Abhishekspartakartik91
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    @souravindia I think UAE intensionally over watered the pitch, they knew about this so they used studs suitable for overwaterd ground while india used the regular studs, also the Mexican ref and his lines man had Dihram in there pockets, even the Iranians in Persian forum said that.
    Abhishek