2019 AFC Cup and ACL — Minerva Punjab FC and Chennaiyin FC

Comments

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
    Chennai didnt use JLN because they got Transtadia for free
    cut money approach 
    i am glad they got knocked out 
    [Deleted User]NagendraBrainFallINDIAashindiamunna219777goalkeepar
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    ISL and I-League is a waste of time since Indians can't play football, better for AIFF and I-League and ISL to shut down and spend money somewhere else
    [Deleted User]goalkeepardeepu
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Small budget clubs were not able to do great because of EB & MB only

the moment a club wins I-league both clubs raid that club’s best players. That’s the only reason small clubs are not doing well after winning I-league 

NERoCa also did decent (better than big 2) in last 2 seasons. 
    SamyajitNagendramunna219777goalkeepar
  • SamyajitSamyajit Kolkata1246 Points
    That is the point: A small budget team can't carry on with their success that easily. They get raided by big teams. However, Neroca isn't that very small budget too. They spent quite a lot on foreigners this time.
    This happens worldwide !!!
    2 years ago Monaco won French league one & in next 2 years all their major players left
    Look what's happening to Ajax this year (Punishment for beating top teams in Europe)
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6470 Points
    ;Carbon_14  .. nothing will happen to Ajax FC...  They have good academy and transition is smooth to senior team and can compete in Dutch league...

Top European clubs always scout Eredivisie players. With the amount they are receiving for  just 1 player, they can sign replacements and can invest better in academy..
    gaffertape[Deleted User]jitug1979
    I know about that, I just gave an example.
    And yeah they won’t reach to semi final next year and won’t win Eredivisie next year
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    That's their model, some clubs are selling clubs. Only after many years of succesa can you be a holding club, otherwise top players will all leave on free transfer if you don't sell them. Dortmund only after so many years reached a point where don't have to sell.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Also in Europe, Champions league matter. It helps in holding on to players if you play CL football regularly.
    [Deleted User]
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    edited June 2019
    Ideally you would want your best players to stay, but sometimes it's just not possible.

how it works is, even if you are a champions league qualifying team but not a sure shot silver ware winner, your best players will leave if a big amount is offered for that player, no player would want to stick around if Big clubs like bayern, Barca, real come swooping in for them. Unless they are offered a rotational role, in that case they would prefer a lower level champions league qyalifqual club, in return for more game time. It's a very tricky market.

Imagine this - you are a werden Bremen manager. You get this amazing random Manipuri player from Nigeria, he's 19 and costed you peanuts, you sign him for 4 years.
    First year he comes on as a sub and makes a few appearences and shows immense potential throughout the season, turning out as a starter towards the end of the season. You finish a respectable 4th.

Next season your kid leads the line, absolutely dominates the league. Mo Salah scenes, destroys every club. Sensational. Helps you finish 3rd. 

3rd season.
    Now big clubs are looking at him, you refuse to sell because you are ambitious and want to win the league. But you know for a fact that next year will be his last year on contract, you need to renew it if you want to stop him for leaving for free. You offer him little more money and start talks, but your player wants shit loads more because his agent has spoken to Barca real, and they are offering a ridiculous amount.
    Plus a sure shot chance of winning silver ware.

Your player tells you, you need to match their offered salary atleast for him to renew. You can't do that because it will destroy your finances, you have to pay through your nose. You struggle with the decision. So you postpone the talks, your board is eyeing the cash offered by the Biggie's.
    3rd season, phenomenal again, but you finished third again.

Player is slightly agitated that even after dominating the league he cant win silver ware, he brings this to your notice and discuses a transfer.

4th seasin, you know you need to sell, because he won't be Happy and won't renew contract. Seeing this a big club faxes you a 90mil offer, you accept, sell, and go back to scouting for Mizo kids in Uganda. Rinse and repeat process.

Till you find the right balance by selling, buying and youth development, to sustain a league contendener status atleast. That's when you can oficially stop being a selling club.
    munna219777NagendraDeb_BanindianFootballFan