FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 & AFC Asian Cup 2023 Qualification

Comments

• ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    I have always wondered as to why don't we include Myanmar in Saff. Afterall it borders india and kind of lie in south asia only. Also can a country be part of 2 regional football federations? Like if india wanted to join asian football federation while still being being part of saff, is it allowed? Because that will give vetter competition to our NT (though not under Stimac where we are struggling against saff nations itself)
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6470 Points
    edited November 2019
    @ Chelseafan.. we can't be part of two official federations. but SAFF & AFF can form a federation for the sake of regional tournaments.. 

Also why would Myanmar leave AFF when it is stronger than SAFF.. also I guess culturally AFF would be closer to them..

Instead of forming new federation, SAFF can invite 1 or 2 teams from AFF/CAFA.. also if we are competitive enough & closer to any other assocation, then we can look for invitation..

*also one correction AFF is ASEAN & not ASIAN
    goalkeeparmunna219777Passi
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Indian should quit SAFF and ask  AFF to take us in! 
    haritrams24kartik91Abhishek
  • I dont think we can quit, its better to merge two 
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    WE tried once with SWAF and fans were ga ga over it.
    We saw one meeting and a poster - thats it.
    The funds and FIFA Friendlies with Saudi arabia were never materialised.
    NagendraAbhishek
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6470 Points
    Yah. True.. Even I was happy something would happen atleast at youth level if not at Senior Team.. 
    Seems like SWAFF is just for the sake of 2026 FIFA World Cup bid.. just to counter Morocco one.. 
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29244 Points
    Aiff signed that dead for Rolex watches, shows how much cruption is there in Indian football
    Abhishek
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Having seen San Marino and Latvia play in Euro qualifiers where they lost all their matches, why can't we invite such low end european teams to our invitational tournaments like nehru cup and intercontinental cup etc.  This way we will get to play against a european team and if we play well we can actually beat teams like Andorra, san marino, gibralter etc. Then we can at least say that we beat a european nation!! :P 
    munna219777
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    But wait..we are directly going to play Croatia :)
    haritrams24Deb_Bankarenesudhakar2050Chelseafanmunna219777indian_gooner
  • haritrams24haritrams24 kerala1990 Points
    Oman part ways with their head coach Erwin Koeman.

munna219777