Intercontinental Cup 2019

Comments

• PassiPassi Playboy Mansion1574 Points
    edited July 2019
    Syria have come with a proper B squad with around 4-5 A team players. The reason being that many of their players were and still are engaged in club duties because of AFC Champions League and AFC Cup
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    I guess that guy must be some hater of North Korea and Syria. unnecessary controversy, Same person has posted like this earlier also for north korea.
  • We all have been saying players need to play 40-50 matches but are players themselves ready to play these many matches? This is genuine question , not troll or taking side of player/club.

IMO players above 23 are in comfort zone, they are least bothered about number of matches. I mean why play 40 matches in 50lakh if you are playing 20 in same price? Younger ones would play but they dont get into starting XI that often and lets face it reserves team thing for I league 2 is big joke
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Zico motivated me & told me to believe in myself - Mandar Rao Dessai

Carbon_14PassiEastBengalPride
  • I was watching highlights of Syria and North Koreas match , NK was on par with Syria in first half. they squandered 3-4 chances + once hit crossbar. Syrias finishing was impeccable in second half.

I wont be surprised if we lose both the remaining matches as well 
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Mandar should either be played in left wing or be dropped. He isn't a left back, this is not a sub standard league like ISL. His ass will again be handed to him otherwise. 
    gaffertapeRonnyashindiaDEFENCE123spartasouravindiareddevil87munna219777Carbon_14deepu
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    Mandar rao cannot defend like Bose or Jerry. For Stimac I think the best option is to stick with bose who can atleast maitain his position and defend.
    BrainFallINDIAPassiCarbon_14Ronny
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    Every single Indian league is substandard, even small African teams can easily thrash I-League and ISL teams 30-0
    PassiMikideepuEastBengalPridedebarghya89Samyajitdeepak dedhamohammed_87hassanatuljgAbhishek
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30180 Points

TAJIKISTAN DEFEAT SYRIA 2-0

Tajikistan romped on to a 2-0 win over Syria in the Hero Intercontinental Cup at the EKA Arena today (July 10, 2019) in Ahmedabad. 

Strikes in the second half by Barotov and Komron provided Tajikistan with a perfect start to their Hero Intercontinental Cup campaign keep a cent percent win record of two wins in two matches. 

However, it was Syria who were left reeling after they created a couple of clear goal scoring chances in the first half. A strike from distance rattled the woodwork and that was closely followed by a thunderous header which was saved heroicly by the Tajikistan custodian. Despite their attacking domination in the first half, Syria did not have anything to show for as the half-time scoreline read 0-0. 

Changing over, Komron scored a peach of a goal in the 46th minute when he knocked the ball upfront and took a shot from 30yard to send it directly into the left top corner, beating the Syrian custodian to give Tajikistan the lead. 

In the 67th minute, Barotov doubled Tajikistan’s lead as he tapped home from close range to give them some breathing space. Syria tried to minimize the deficit but could not amount to clear goal scoring chances as the full-time scoreline read 2-0 in Tajikistan’s favour.

https://www.the-aiff.com/news-center-details.htm?id=9805

Passi
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Indian Football Team Training Session | Hero Intercontinental Cup 2019 (10th July 2019)