Indian Super League 2019-20

Comments

• PassiPassi Playboy Mansion1574 Points
    Here's an excerpt from an interview of Hugo Boumous with Francefootball.com

What will be next for you?
    I'm not sure I will continue to FC Goa next year. Maybe I could come back to a Championship closer to France. It is a clear and precise objective that I set myself, but because of the coronavirus, I am in the blur about my possibilities of transfer. We don't know if the Championships will resume ... I also suppose that certain European clubs will be impacted economically, so that scares me a little. The transfer window may be shifted ... At least, I have time to prepare, since in India, the Championship is shorter, it lasts from September to March. So I have between four and five months of vacation in the summer, which is a bit long at my age. I think I should have less. I try to train as much as possible, to keep my physical condition and be as competitive as possible when I return to India. Concretely, the virus cuts the rhythm of the players. Especially for those whose athletic condition is at the top at this time of the season. The player must find ways to train at home to keep up the pace, all in the hope that the Championships will resume as soon as possible.

Is there already an economic impact on Indian football?
    Economically, I'm not worried at the moment. In India, clubs are quite powerful financially, so I don't think there will be a big impact on club coffers.

How do you view the level of the Championship?
    I still see limits, even if there are seven foreigners on teams, including five who can be aligned on the field. This is what sets the Indian Super League apart from other Asian Championships, where there are only three foreigners allowed on the pitch. Having five strangers on the ground clearly increases the level. The Indians are trying to develop, but it takes time. The level remains correct, since half of the foreign players are Spanish. Some are even very good players who have gone through the Liga.

https://www.francefootball.fr/news/Hugo-boumous-j-aurais-ete-plus-en-securite-en-restant-en-inde/1120280
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3624 Points
    again calcutta , GPL and MPL is what drives the talent pool overall. 
    atuljg
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29633 Points

Indian Super League's regulations for 2020-21 season

The seventh season of the Indian Super League (ISL) will have the existing salary cap criteria but will undergo a minor change regarding the foreign player quota. 

1) Minimum 5+1, Maximum 6+1

Each club will have the option of signing either six or seven foreign players,  but unlike the previous season, there should be at least one overseas player who hails from an Asian Football Confederation (AFC)-affiliated country. 

The maximum squad size will also be increased as the clubs will be allowed to register up to 35 players in their squad. 

Another major change from last season is that the clubs do not require approval from the league when it comes to foreign signings and appointment of head coach. The head coach must be a Pro-License holder.

2) The salary cap remains unchanged

The sixth season saw a reduction in the salary cap for ISL clubs from INR 17.5 Cr to INR 16.5 Cr and the limit will be unchanged for the seventh edition as well. 

The salary cap is the maximum overall expenditure that can be spent by a club for the inclusion of a player in the squad and it includes annual salary, bonuses, signing-on fee, etc.

While the transfer fee will not be included in the calculation of the salary cap, loan fees will be considered. 

Also, separate arrangements may not be negotiated by the clubs, nor can they be guaranteed by the clubs to serve as an incentive for a player to sign a contract at a lower fee. If a player is receiving money from any person under a separate arrangement as a way of inducing him to play for the club at a lower fee, then that money will be included in the salary cap.

The sanction for exceeding the cap will be a fine and/or ban from signing players and/or deduction of points.

https://www.goal.com/en-in/news/indian-super-league-isl-regulations-2020-21/6kh1pwx4m6hg1exdpkb813mkx

SiVBrainFallINDIAdebarghya89goalkeepargiridharanNagendraPassi
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    Salary cap is a joke for Sanjeev Goenka!
    SiVgiridharan
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Need to do away the minimum foreigner rule. It should be the club's decision.
    deeputhebeautifulgamePassi
  • SiVSiV 1853 Points
    https://www.goal.com/en-in/news/isl-punjab-maximum-goalkeepers-most-defenders-west-bengal/oqgosl1imha91iuw66u078a2k

Looking at the Stats , quality of players & physical attributes, Ideally Indian team must have

Tall & Strong 1 GK & 2 Centre backs from Punjab
    2 skillful and competitive Full backs from West Bengal
    3 intelligent midfielders from Goa & Maharastra
    2 Fast & fit wingers from North East
    1 striker from Kerala

with rest filling up the spaces.. And except for Punjab (excl hoshiapur) & Maharastra (excl kolhapur), all these regions are football crazy
    debarghya89Carbon_14
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    That's way too simplified.
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    Looking at the stats 
    All we need to do is provide more games per player in our national league