Indian Super League 2019-20

Comments

• samsam 16441 Points
    Three nice goals scored by Indians today, but as usual this forum is silent because it was in ISL
    thebeautifulgamegiridharanEastBengalPrideatuljgPassiNaujawansudheermylankaljees_josegoalkeeparashindia
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29670 Points
    @sam: It is true that there are members who are biased against ISL just as we have members who are biased against I-League. However, just because no one commented about the Indian goalscorers yesterday does not imply a bias against ISL. It has happened many times before that people did not have too much to comment on specific matches, let alone goalscorers, in both I-league and ISL. Such things happen.

Correct me if I am wrong but I have felt in recent times that you have become a bit salty when somebody has criticized some aspect of ISL. I have always seen that you have held a balanced view of both the leagues and have had the good of Indian football at heart. No offence but it is my personal opinion that your objections might not have been justified in those cases. Just to take one example: you had "disliked" my post criticizing the song-dance performance of Tiger Shroff in the opening ceremony? Do you really think that the ISL, whatever virtues it might have, really needs these gimmicks for its promotion? Almost everybody had praised the doing away of the opening ceremony last year so when the ISL has become the top-tier league of the country, reverting to the opening ceremony is really redundant.

I apologize if I may have mistook the tenor of some of your posts. It is anyway a very minor point as we all have the good of Indian football at heart but I feel that clearing the air on certain issues is important in a democratic environment. Cheers!!
    goalkeepar
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9298 Points
    Whats the average attendance for all the venues so far? 

I think ISL should be held in one single venue, 7 a side matches with matches every day. That will make it really popular.
    Passigoalkeepardeepak dedha
  • eldhose777eldhose777 India147 Points

This year ISL drawing reasonable crowd so far, it may vary based on the team performance. The disappointment is CFC and hope Odisha FC also will draw a good crowd.

This year hotstar getting good viewership so far. Each match getting 120k to 160k viewers in each game except opening match. Last year it was 30k to 50k and crossed 100k only for opening and final matches.

TeamGPCumulativeHighLowMean
    Kerala Blasters264,74336,29828,44532,372
    ATK126,24026,24026,24026,240
    Jamshedpur365,38523,15720,53921,795
    Northeast United231,94517,27314,67215,972
    Bengaluru115,97115,97115,97115,971
    Goa230,79017,77313,01715,395
    Hyderabad220,30412,1148,19010,152
    Mumbai City212,5387,0215,5176,269
    Odisha
    Chennaiyin2[1]NANANANA
    Total15[2]267,91636,2985,51717,861
    Passi
  • samsam 16441 Points
    I do not know if I have become salty in the case of criticism of ISL or not in recent times, but I have felt that I need to raise some points related to ISL if and when required as I have seen most people are of an opinion which are pretty much 'see nothing good' in ISL. About the Bollywood opening of ISL, I do not remember I have disliked your post or comment due to that or due to something else. In general, I like football because of the game and not the masala dance and songs. I do not want to mention such things, but in the past I have even walked through harshest of conditions just to watch a football match where I was pretty much the only supporter present. 
    NaujawanChelseafan
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29264 Points
    @Sam I will tell you the truth, you may think IFN members are bias against ISL just because no one is commenting during the match, but the reality is 80% of IFN has lost interest in ISL they don't care to discuss isl Here, compare that to comments made during I league match, on average a I league match gets 10-14 comments compared 1-2 comments for ISL.
    Naujawaneldhose777Guwahatiandeepak dedha
  • samsam 16441 Points
    But anything even slightly negative about ISL and I see a lot of comments
    PassiNaujawan
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    That's because we all fell in love with Indian football because of I league. Then ISL comes and takes its spot, we still have members with I league team names as user IDs, do you see any about ISL? 

The fact is we can only wish that whatever the plan with Indian football is succeeds, ISL is a shitty plan over all and has damaged Indian football but to wish it fails even more will only kill Indian football. 
    goalkeepar
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Well ileague bias us out there because most of the oldies are ileague fanboys out here. 

Also,how many active members are out here around 20 not more than that and most of them I know are from Arrows days. What we have done out here is made it a exclusive forum for mostly MB or EB fans ( that too 10-15 guys). 

Allow people to have opinions whether delusional also it will be fine. Atleast we will get some new faces out there. 

We used to get inside info from lots of people out here before anyone from media got it. But that thing is gone now totally with good number of people completely deserting it.
    Till we have two leagues we are bound to have different opinions but ridiculing people and calling names should not be allowed. 

Otherwise IFN will also become like the legacy clubs of Kolkata where the old guards doesn't allow anyone new.
    Naujawaneldhose777PassigopiajeeshgoalkeeparChelseafanrudra
  • Any live streaming for today's game?