India vs Qatar World Cup Qualifier|10 September 2019

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    edited September 2019
    In Hindustan Times as well (90%) of one whole page.
    Passigiridharan
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Marcus Mergulhao:
    My memorable nights for last 25 years

2001: India bt UAE 1-0 in WC qualifier at Bengaluru
    2009: India bt Syria 6-5 on penalties to win Nehru Cup
    2019: India bt Thailand 4-1 in Asian Cup 2019
    2019: India drew with Qatar 0-0
    ashindiamunna219777giridharanAbhishek[Deleted User]kartik91
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    The logic behind a 5 man defence is to let the midfield be more free and attack minded. Otherwise what would be the point of having 5 defenders and still having the midfield to sit deep to protect the over crowded defence? And typically 5 men defence is used by a team for 2 purposes - 1) If tgey are facing a strong opposition and expect waves of attack after attacks to come to them. Then the team plays defensively on the counter through its wing backs. 2) If a team lacks quality strikers but is rich in midfield options. In this scenario 5 men defence is expected to keep the base strong while the midfielders fashions chances and dominates the midfield by crowding it and playing narrow. The wing backs can be expected to provide width if needed. And regarding the point about opposition exploiting the space behind the wing backs, i think i answered that in my earlier comments. But still will repeat. 3 CBs are good precisely for this reason so that even if the opposition gets into space behind a wing back while the latter fails to track back in time, then the 3rd CB can immediately occupy the wide position of the missing wing back and try and stop tge opposition player on that flank. This way we will still have 4 defenders to defend against the impending attack ( 1 CB in the wide area, 2 CBs in tge centre and 1 WB on the opposite flank tracking back to help the defence). Thus this system makes more sense for us.
    dev_pfcEastBengalPride
  • SiVSiV 1853 Points
    Stimac needs to be given his due credit..  He has made the team play a new style very quickly .  Esp defence were playing quick passes under pressure in 2 nd half.. This composure  with the ball will make them confident ftballers and get gametime in isl.  Raynier got tired after 65 mins against thailand..  Guess Stimac asked him to improve fitness and comeback..  Borges is there who can run all 90 mins  .. Coach has the right person to gauge fitness levels,  required for playing this style..   GK coach also seems to be very gud,  improving concentration levels of gurpreet..

Looks like stimac is not convinced with bose and now prefers mandar..  

Sahal was exceptional as always..  But could have scored a long goal..  And then  Udanta runs till the box and then never has or had the composure ever to stop a second, & slots it to goal.. Chetri has never taught udanta this for last 3 years and guess trained high to cross it to him..   Udanta is still the same as thoi Singh..  Jeje a genuine goal scorer was missed    
    Deb_BanindianFootballFanAbhishekmunna219777ashindiareddevil87indianfooty
  • Udanta hit the cross bar once and almost scored against qatar in the last 2 matches. Lets Leve credit to where its due. Important factor is whether he is inclined to come inwards which he is dping lately
    dev_pfcNaujawanDeb_BanPassisudheermylankalmunna219777Ronnygiridharannamewtheldatuljgand 4 others.
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    The possibility of merger in two or three years is less..So the players will be ideal after Isl is over.. I think Aiff should arrange some friendlies say 4 or 5 with european clubs( second division) after the Isl gets over.. It may be difficult to arrange friendlies in between when Isl is going on.. Why these friendlies are important because Isl games are played at a slower pace compared to the International matches.. Instead of allowing the NT players to become ideal after Isl, lets make them play some fast paced games in Europe.. Aiff is sending our U16, U19 teams for foreign trips, So they should also send the senior team if our NT have to give strong performance against  strong Asian teams like Qatar, Japan etc
    EastBengalPride
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Players will remain idle and that is not ideal  :disappointed:
    Jokes apart, I still believe having IL played after ISL would have given our players more match practice. Until the merger that system would have better. More viewership also for ISL. That time we complained players are playing so many matches in a quick interval. Now also its almost the same. What is worst half of the year they do not at all play. 
    ajmal
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    @sam.. Thank you for correcting.. I hope in future I dont confuse between merger and marriage.. 
    samAbhishek
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29636 Points
    Well marriage is a sort of merger, or at least, is supposed to be ;)
    ajmal
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    If you have IL after ISL they it will have to start around March and will well spill on to our peak summer months of April, May, June. In these months even night time games are a torture, what to say of day games.