Gokulam
    Kashmir 
    I league 2 winner.
    munna219777Deb_Ban
  • Arun67Arun67 Navi Mumbai252 Points
    Ha ha ha , so no East Bengal. Ha ha ha
    thebeautifulgamemunna219777EastBengalPrideharitrams24Deb_Ban
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    Please don't show disrespect to the league you played till last year when you could never win it.
    goalkeeparmunna219777deepak dedhadeepu
  • SamyajitSamyajit Kolkata1246 Points
    @Deb_Ban it isn't a question of disrespecting I league (IMO the better league of the two). It is more about some fans disparaging EB and saying EB didn't really have an ISL hope (and not as way of stating facts, but more as tease).
    Deb_Banthebeautifulgamemunna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29629 Points
    Absolutely @Samyajit!

There is no question of disrespecting the I-League because it is the league which has been the bedrock of Indian football. And I at least am not going to get gung-ho about the ISL simply because EB are to play in that league. At the risk of repeating myself, I would like to state that the ISL, in its present form, is hardly the panacea that Indian football needs.

But the disparagement and smear campaign against EB recently was unthinkable. A journalist, Dulal De, had been carrying out a sort of propaganda against EB's chances of playing in the ISL. When he claimed that someone had opened a fake Twitter account in his name and were trying to malign him (as per an MB owned newspaper report), one veteran IFN member claimed "This club is so low life". As I said then, even if some supporters of a particular club had indulged in wrong-doing, to brand an entire club as "low life" is simply not done. 

Another member said that " the supporters like the club doesn't have any roots! Made in China types - won't last long!"--harking back to the tradition of calling the EB supporters as refugees, rootless people. Many veteran members had liked that post. They might point out that were supporting only the first part of the post where there was a criticism of Nitu and other EB officials but once someone puts a "like" sign, it is implied that he supports the whole post, otherwise he should spell out in clear and unambiguous terms which part of the post he supports and which part he does not agree with.

Please do not show disrespect to the club which fought tooth and nail against all adversities to survive for a century and did not obliterate their identity to merge with a footballing newbie to emerge as a new "avatar".

Cheers!!
    Samyajitmasefieldtheoilfieldmunna219777Babertogaffertapekartik91
  • Arun67Arun67 Navi Mumbai252 Points
    Forget abt Dulal dey, even Marcus , Ashish Negi and some respected senior members of this forum day in day out told repeatedly no hope for EB, unless those football pundits comes forward and say sorry it was there  faulty speculation ( we r human , so everybody in our live made lots of mistake) , next one yr directly or indirectly they should face teasing. Every action has equal and opposite reaction. 
  • BabertoBaberto 633 Points
    Aah! Seems like the same level of toxicity still prevails. 
    Those (' respected senior members') who are currently voicing their concerns for I-League, used to call it rigged even a couple of years back. 
    I had tried, but failed. 
    As they say, you cannot debate with toxic people. First they poison you, make you toxic. And then they win by mere experience. 

@thebeautifulgame
    Best of luck, and wish you a very happy Teacher's Day! 
    goalkeepar
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29255 Points
    All the best to East Bengal and Mohun Bagan in Circus league.
    Deb_Ban
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    So who are the favourites in IL this year? I think this year will have more level field hence more competition.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29255 Points
    East Bengal and Mohun Bagan are favorites