Indian Super League 2020-21: New Expectations, New Challenges

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29628 Points
    Just for once, Le Fondre shows his class! Brilliant flick, and great shot at goal.
    edited November 2020
    Le Fondre makes it 1-0 for MCFC from a penalty
    munna219777
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    edited November 2020
    I never thought I'll say that in my life ever, but it's been a pleasing surprise to see the impressive level of Indian referring. Match officiating is been top notch
    ashindiaRonnyeldhose777souravindiaG_Kindian_goonergaffertapeBrainFallINDIASiVkartik91and 1 other.
  • eldhose777eldhose777 India147 Points
    Goddard is really good. Very impressed by him. Indian wingers should learn from him. Fcg played well even if they down with 10 players.
    goalkeeparPassideepak dedhaashindiakartik91
    Goddard is very industrious, I observed that in the previous match too.

In spite of some late drama, some good saves (Amrinder particularly) and a few good shots and dribbles, the players were patchy at best. I lost count of the number of mispasses...unacceptable at this level. The lack of preseason is clearly hurting the performance of the teams. I guess players like Le Fondre and Ogbeche will gain their form as the season progresses
    eldhose777ashindia
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3412 Points
    edited November 2020
    @imsourav ; yeah. referring is good and that too without VAR
    imsourav
  • RonnyRonny 10456 Points
    I dont think it was a scrappy game. Both teams went toe to toe in the second half despite the humid conditions. Mumbai's foreigners will soon settle in and we already saw glimpses of what Fondre and Goddard can do. Goa's Spaniards were very competitive and committed, that was great to see. Not sure how Goa will survive in the ACL though with their limited attacking options and average Indian players
    indian_gooner
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    Goddard and Boumous are young players who want to use ISL as a platform and build their career. We need more of these type of players.

Most clubs settle for "experienced" players who just come to India to make as much money as possible from what's left in their career. You need experienced players, but not all 6/7 need to be that type.

Cy and Dylan Fox impressed me in their matches so far. Looking forward to Matti Steimann and Jordan Murray, who showed great commitment when he came on against Mohun Bagan. He completed quarantine just 3 days before the match.
    ashindiagoalkeepareldhose777souravindiakartik91indian_goonerdeepu
  • RonnyRonny 10456 Points
    They are good players but Boumous is also carried away by the stardom and money he's receiving in India. He's probably a nobody in France lol
    Passideepak dedhagaffertape