INDIA vs OMAN & UAE INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLIES -

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Juje Siddi was goalkeeper for Salgaocar in NFL  days
    AshishKauldhritiman7Chelseafanashindiaindian_goonerkartik91
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    All these talks about PIO are just gimmicks, distractions  and short cuts.
    Before Stimac, there were calls about playing passing football and how Long Ball is bad . 

Performance of National Team is a reflection of Domestic season, club football which footballers play. 
    That is the 800 pound gorilla in the room which many people are ignoring.

Croatia National Team players come from Serie A Bundesliga type clubs. 
    Those leagues last 8 months. They play football on weekends. 
    Proper preseason, training between two matches. 

Compare that to indian domestic season 
    4 month ISL
    Daily one game 

ashindiaAshishKaulsouravindiaDeb_BanAbhishekdev_pfctrojanPassiChelseafangoalkeeparand 3 others.
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    @AshishKaul Siddis are too busy trying to survive, they don't have time for sports. The financial state of them is very bad. It's a pity that they were never use properly in sports.
    munna219777AshishKaulspartaPassigoalkeeparindian_goonerkartik91
  • RonnyRonny 10461 Points
    edited March 2021
    Tough loss to digest! I think Stimac got carried away with his team selection! this lineup should have faced Oman and the previous strong one should have been up against UAE! He did the exact opposite and trusted these new players way too much. It's obvious he's trying to find more and more Centre backs but Adil and Mashoor is just not the right combination at all. He should have given more time to Sana Singh. The goals conceded in the first half were not terrible and Apuia was doing well but coach still subbed. I guess he really was adamant in trying most players which I think we must give him some credit for but he definitely underestimated the caliber of the opposition
    munna219777dev_pfcgoalkeeparkartik91
  • RonnyRonny 10461 Points
    edited March 2021
    Also Ishan is not up to it yet. He is useless if he gets no service. Too early to say much about Liston but he does try to create things! I feel the players who need to go out of this group are Mashoor,Hali,Yasir(Sahal is a better replacement),Ishan,Jeakson. Pritam will have good competition from Ashutosh and I can't wait to see Ashish Rai as well. In terms of international debuts we have great finds in Apuia,Sana and Akash Mishra! Disappointed with Thapa, not sure if he is fully fit or not
    This may be a very very bad result but there's no way we can say that with a good settled core group we cannot beat Afghanistan and Bangladesh. I think we will beat them!
    munna219777AbhishekPassiindian_goonerkartik91
  • KoolKool USA186 Points
    Just a note - 

I understand the frustration from our fans and supporters. I do not know lot of details like player level analysis and all. Based on over all how they played - here are my 2 cents.

Against OMAN - I think they played better than expected, which is a good thing and all the new kids would have gained experience and confidence.  Against UAE - our players were pretty flat - and lost badly. Which is still ok as - this is the learning curve for all these new players who are going to the back bone of Indian team in near future. So they have experienced both positive and thrashing as well. Up and down is the learning process - and after couple of years it stabilizes where you get consistent results. 

I am happy with all the simple improvements made over all and not feeling too bad due to a bad loss. This clearly says the guys are learning ... which very important. This is international football, cut throat competition. So many of our boys would have found out the difference in quality - so that would motivate them to work hard and get better. They have an experienced coach who is willing to take risk and guide them properly, all these 20 year old's now know what it takes. In next couple of years - 2024 - if we play Oman we probably would beat them and run very close to UAE.  Hopefully in the mean time few of these guys go out and play in other countries and other gain valuable experience in ISLAs lot of you pointed out - age group leagues - more competition at youth level - is the need of the hour. Hoping for a steady improvement in the near future ... Eagerly waiting to see the same guys run UAE for their money in 2024.
    indian_goonerkartik91
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    @munna219777 Yes. Improving players is not national team coach's duty. Players can't be improved with just a week long camp. The duty of national team coach is get the best out of resources he have. Here it's Indian players in ISL/IL. It's the clubs' duty to improve players. Players spent the whole season at the club (8-10 months abroad, 3-4 months here  :| ).
    munna219777AshishKauldhritiman7Chelseafangoalkeeparindian_goonerkartik91
  • KoolKool USA186 Points
    Fans - 

What STIMAC took over was not a well trained team. Well India is not up to that level yet where STIMAC could just devise the tactics and the players go execute what he wants. This is still a bunch of new bees trying to learn the trade.(What all these kids learning at international level - should have been learnt by the time they come to STIMAC, but in this case he is teaching them all the basics so how could you put the blame on the coach or players), So do not be too hard on both the coach and players. Every one is trying their best, and learning getting exposure. The improvements are going to be slow and takes time. What is needed is patience and trust in the efforts put in by the coach/staff and all players and admin AIFF every one involved. To expect wins against UAT or 1-0 loss is not realistic. We lost 6-0 bcos we played with all the new bees. Winning in important but not at this stage where the team is going to structural changes. 2024 is when you need to start looking at the results. Just hoping AIFF really understands what STIMAC is doing and be patient with him and give him a length rope. STIMAC is doing the right thing ... I know the feelings of fans - please wait till 2024 before counting the results.
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Who was saying that we didn't have anybody playing as a destroyer??
    Stimac was playing Mashoor as a destroyer in the first have and Adil in the second half.. :smile:
    ashindiamunna219777AshishKaulRonnygiridharanAbhishekspartaPassiChelseafangoalkeeparand 3 others.
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29652 Points
    @AshishKaul said "i hope someone in our group becomes IAS or MP and implements some of the stuff i mentioned."

We know @namewtheld has already become an IAS and has been managing his job with great gusto. You can put forward your suggestions to him.
    AshishKauldhritiman7Abhishekindian_goonerkartik91