2021 SAFF Championship

Comments

• Vineet Rai is an excellent option as well as he has the technique and skills. I don't know if aiff and fsdl is ever going to listen, but if they do our team is going to get stronger with so many talents still to show their potential. But if they do not play then they are going to rust. U19/U23 team should not be limited to qualifiers but given good scope of friendlies as well, even if they play staff opponents, local club friendlies now and then. 
    ashindiaAbhishekRonnyindian_gooner
  • RonnyRonny 10440 Points
    edited October 2021
    Vineet Rai has had enough chances in u-23 and NT setup..his position has been basically taken over by Suresh,Apuia and Glan
    dev_pfcgaffertapeCarbon_14ashindiaThe real AGspartaAbhishek
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6450 Points
    It will be tough for Vinit Rai. Vinit has to perform extremely well to get a chance in XVIII.

Suresh, Apuia & Yasir are playing well. Also there are several options available in mid-field, Thapa, Glan, Brandon. Even Udanta playing in mid-field. On top of it, once Ashique & Chhangte are back, their will be too much competition in mid-field.

One more good season with Hyd FC, Hitesh Sharma will be ready for anchoring role.

Anytime coach can bring back Borges, Halicharan & Amarjit. Coach is also trusting the likes of Sahal & Jeakson. 
    Ronnymunna219777souravindiaindian_goonerCarbon_14Abhishek
    Halicharan should never be back and Jeakson needs to improve
    gaffertapeAbhishek
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Ronny said:
    Halicharan should never be back and Jeakson needs to improve

I disagree. Narzary is a good player who has given great performances with NT over the years. He has pace, good work rate and stamina.
    Amarjit is another very good player. IMO he is even better than Suresh and can easily complement Apuia and Thapa in a 3 man midfield.
    Also what happened to that left winger (forgetting his name) who came from Chennai FC when they the title and now plays with ATK? Tamil guy i think...
    Carbon_14ashindiagaffertape
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29574 Points
    @Chelseafan: Michael Soosairaj. He had a Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) injury in the first match against KB last season and was ruled out for the entire season. However, he played in the AFC Cup semifinals against Nasaf as a sub.
    indian_goonermunna219777Carbon_14giridharanRonnyspartaAbhishekChelseafan
    edited October 2021
    If work rate and stamina is a criteria for NT then might as well bring back Bikash Jairu.. we are not going to perform outstandingly in Asian qualifiers by selecting an aging Halicharan. Amarjit has it in him to make a comeback..he's also an attacking player so who knows he may replace Brandon some day. If you look at it carefully, now the consistent players from U-17 WC have finally started making it to the NT..Our mid already has Suresh, Apuia and Amarjit/Jeakson are on the fringes..The CB's have faded away from NT selection due to different reasons- Anwar Ali, Jitendra, Sanjeev Stalin etc..We still have hopes from the attacking players like Rahul KP, Komal maybe Ninthoi
    AbhishekChelseafangaffertape
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Narzary is not that old! And his past oerformances were good under Consti. In fact I believe Jeje should also be recalled to NT irrespective of his form or playing time in the league. He is a proven goal scorer with good technical ability. He may be slow and unfit (tgat can be rectified by training him hard). Jeje can be the stop gap arrangement during the transition of NT with Chettri retiring in next 1-2 yrs and till we find a young striker capable of leading the attack. In the interim phase Jeje can shoulder the striker duty alongwith mentoring young lads like Vikram Pratap, Rohit Danu, Shubho Paul and Sridarth (I really have very high hopes from this guy based on his u16 performances). Current strikers like Manvir, Ishant pandita, Rahim Ali are disgusting to watch.
    gaffertapegoalkeeparindian_goonersudheermylankaldev_pfcashindia
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9281 Points
    Amarjit is better than Suresh. Suresh gets outmuscled and is technically poor to make much contribution in the attack. I hope Anwar Ali signs for an iLeague team in the winter transfer window. Its very important that he keeps progressing through the ranks. He is a ball playing center back who is also excellent in taking set pieces. He is better than Sana who I thought is actually piss poor in international standards. Also Glann Martins isnt ready for international football, his basics of ball trapping, turning and passing are below Nepali standards.
    goalkeepargaffertapekarenesudhakar2050deepak dedha
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6450 Points
    Initially , I have thought the same. Amarjit is technically better than Suresh and Amarjit should be preferred in NT. 

Maybe couple of games, he might have bad games. But I could see the difference with & without Suresh in NT or BFC games. Suresh is just like an engine, high fitness levels, eager to get the ball back and he is good in both defense & attack. 

But in-order to start this comparison, let Amarjit get some game time at club level. 
    Suresh 20-21 stats : 24 games & 1955 minutes
    Amarjit 20-21 stats : 13 games & 390 minutes ( not even 1/4 th game-time to what Suresh had played last season)

Regarding Anwar Ali Jr, it might be premature to compare with N.T players. But I feel, he will be better than both Sana & Jhingan. 
    Carbon_14goalkeepargiridharansouravindiaindian_goonerMaddiedeepak dedha