2023 AFC Champions League & AFC Cup : Mumbai City FC, Odisha FC and Mohun Bagan Super Giants

Comments

• giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3647 Points
    Sukun said:
    Bheken bhau from Navi Mumbai will pocket Neymar and Mitrovic😂Jokes apart,match shouldn't have been played in Pune.If not Andheri,they could have played it in Dy Patil. Brabourne is lying waste,it could have been manageable if planned better. Bangalore/Ybk too would have been ok atleast people would have come to support a fellow Indian team.Neymar may be a crowd puller in Pune.Mumbai city fc will be playing its biggest match in the history of its existence.Cant expect anything as Al hilal has the best talent of the world.Wish we are all surprised by the support and result.We will know were our Indian talent stand against best of the world.Will be a good platform to judge ourselves.Also Bhau means Brother in Marathi 😁
    I think I already know where we stand :wink:
    We can only play for the defense and expect a miracle if it is a draw. Their half is so tough to penetrate with Neves, Milinkovic and Koulibaly . On the other hand as much as a big name is like Neymar and Mitrovic if at all we manage to contain them which is a lot easier than carrying the ball at their half and losing shape. Will be a cracker of a game to watch for sure. Their season has started already and they will have hit the prime when coming to Balewadi.
  • How Thailand got 3 Spot in Champions League?
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    Sukun said:
    Bheken bhau from Navi Mumbai will pocket Neymar and Mitrovic😂Jokes apart,match shouldn't have been played in Pune.If not Andheri,they could have played it in Dy Patil. Brabourne is lying waste,it could have been manageable if planned better. Bangalore/Ybk too would have been ok atleast people would have come to support a fellow Indian team.Neymar may be a crowd puller in Pune.Mumbai city fc will be playing its biggest match in the history of its existence.Cant expect anything as Al hilal has the best talent of the world.Wish we are all surprised by the support and result.We will know were our Indian talent stand against best of the world.Will be a good platform to judge ourselves.Also Bhau means Brother in Marathi 😁
    I think I already know where we stand :wink:
    We can only play for the defense and expect a miracle if it is a draw. Their half is so tough to penetrate with Neves, Milinkovic and Koulibaly . On the other hand as much as a big name is like Neymar and Mitrovic if at all we manage to contain them which is a lot easier than carrying the ball at their half and losing shape. Will be a cracker of a game to watch for sure. Their season has started already and they will have hit the prime when coming to Balewadi.
    On top of that, they have Bounou, one of the best goalkeepers in the world!! :o
    giridharan
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6495 Points
    Thailand ranked 4th (MA) in East Region. Hence got 2 direct slots + 2 play-off slots.

In one of the play-off, BG Pathum United (Thailand) defeated Shanghai Port(China) : 3-2. 

Hence , 3 Thailand clubs are participating in final round.
    giridharanindian_goonersouravindia
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6495 Points
    Clubs from Saudi, Iran, Qatar & UAE may play in AFC Champions League 2 (AFC Cup) starting from next season. I doubt if Saudi clubs will be willing to play 2nd tier. Considering the prize money, competition & travel allowances, Iran, Qatar & UAE clubs mostly will play in 2nd tier. 

As per wiki, footy rankings & few other articles., top 6 nations from Western region will be awarded 1 spot each, 
    where-as India got 1 direct entry + 1 play-off spot.  Play-off game would not be easy for us as we need to compete against the likes of Jordan/Tajikistan/Bahrain/Kuwait/Turkmenistan clubs. 
    goalkeeparashindiagiridharan
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Hope MCFC gets badly thrashed in each match. That might destroy their confidence and affect their ISL performance. Hoping MBSG and Odhisha FC gets kicked out in group stage of AFC Cup too! Before you question me, I dont give a fuck about rival clubs, wont wish them well, nothing to do with country here. 

gaffertapeSukundeepak dedhagoalkeepardebarghya89PassiRav92NagendraashindiaMaddieand 4 others.
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    Hope MCFC gets badly thrashed in each match. That might destroy their confidence and affect their ISL performance. Hoping MBSG and Odhisha FC gets kicked out in group stage of AFC Cup too! Before you question me, I dont give a fuck about rival clubs, wont wish them well, nothing to do with country here. 

It has everything to do with country lol
    Deb_Ban