punefc need marketing tool

ramalaramala 0 Points
edited July 2011 in Pune FC
To the Punefc management,
I live in west and am a ardent fan of soccer or football. I do follow ileague, indian premier league quite religiously and let me state this, Punefc stands out in terms of management and the facilities...love the ground. I believe clubs in goa need to learn and atleast have a good ground(with floodlights) in the near future. Punefc did exceptional well. Management, if u happens to read this, what happen to the crowd, i watched almost all of the match on punetv, so what happen to the crowd...a good team, a good management, but where is the crowd this year. Reasons:1) the matches are played around 5 or 5.30pm, too early. 2) no floodlights, no fun. 3) minimal marketing...no billboard or ground force to promote the team/game. 4) No local tv channel invited to cover the players or game or idea etc...emm...
Answer: simple 1) TV live coverage, which is going to happen in the new season..all clubs/indian football suffered, a lost of one whole year. 2) fix the match at 7.30pm under the floodlight 3) invite a movie star or icon to watch the first match with total coverage from local tv on top of ileague's star sports or which ever channel Relience agrees. 4) promotion, a paid advertisement on local tv and billboards. 5) promote ticket sell by doing door to door..in malls or big gathering. Give a bunch of free tickets to corporates in and around pune with donations....if a way, giving ticket cheapily to people working in corporate or school to fill the seat. Earmark atleast 25% of ticket of such sells, and this tactic is using the empty seat to promote the game by making people addited to it. Lots of people at Rajenish ashram maybe willing to watch the game in their colourful robe..this will be fun. Lastly, punefc will rock if the management do the thing i proposed. Hey, in west, there is something called season ticket holder, roughly about 50-60% and there is a lineup to become a season ticket holder...punefc or others can use such tactics.

Comments

• MarkMark 0 Points
    To the Punefc management,
    I live in west and am a ardent fan of soccer or football. I do follow ileague, indian premier league quite religiously and let me state this, Punefc stands out in terms of management and the facilities...love the ground. I believe clubs in goa need to learn and atleast have a good ground(with floodlights) in the near future. Punefc did exceptional well. Management, if u happens to read this, what happen to the crowd, i watched almost all of the match on punetv, so what happen to the crowd...a good team, a good management, but where is the crowd this year. Reasons:1) the matches are played around 5 or 5.30pm, too early. 2) no floodlights, no fun. 3) minimal marketing...no billboard or ground force to promote the team/game. 4) No local tv channel invited to cover the players or game or idea etc...emm...
    Answer: simple 1) TV live coverage, which is going to happen in the new season..all clubs/indian football suffered, a lost of one whole year. 2) fix the match at 7.30pm under the floodlight 3) invite a movie star or icon to watch the first match with total coverage from local tv on top of ileague's star sports or which ever channel Relience agrees. 4) promotion, a paid advertisement on local tv and billboards. 5) promote ticket sell by doing door to door..in malls or big gathering. Give a bunch of free tickets to corporates in and around pune with donations....if a way, giving ticket cheapily to people working in corporate or school to fill the seat. Earmark atleast 25% of ticket of such sells, and this tactic is using the empty seat to promote the game by making people addited to it. Lots of people at Rajenish ashram maybe willing to watch the game in their colourful robe..this will be fun. Lastly, punefc will rock if the management do the thing i proposed. Hey, in west, there is something called season ticket holder, roughly about 50-60% and there is a lineup to become a season ticket holder...punefc or others can use such tactics.

I don't know if someone is trying to take the Mickey here or is this really true but considering no one has replied, I will.

Me being a Dempo fan, I'll be the first to admit that PFC is the most professionaly club run in the I-League. They have a professional marketing team in place. I'll look at all your points in order of them being listed.

1 & 2) PFC is the only team that has played almost all their matches under floodlights this season. All their games are a 7 pm KO. It surely is not early.

3) Invite a star for the "first match"? That does make sense but whom? When Bollywood stars played a match too, people did not turn up.

4) They have ad's in sports bars, radio channels, own you-tube TV, billboards, fliers, screeners etc. What more can you possibly do?

5) If you claim to follow PFC, you will know that they have a corporate tie-up with Infosys where they offer tickets for subsidised rates to the employees. Have Infosys branding at the ground. They do give free tickets to schools. ALL of PFC's home games last year had 1 school there who's kids watched the match for free. They sell a prtion of their tickets for as less as Rs.20 & 50. How much lower can you make it? They also sell tickets in a lot of malls, sports bars, CCD outlets etc etc. which is very accessible to the common man. And yes, they do have season tickets as well.

As for telecasting it on TV, do you realise you are not allowed to do it without permission of the AIFF? Please do get your facts right before coming on here and throwing things in the air.