Indian Women Football Players

13»

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    Read my cmnt previous one..i'm talkin abt an icon..it has nothin to do wid img-reliance league..little boys can luk upto baichung and chhetri..but wat abt girls,whom dey look upto?
    Before choosing futbal as a carrer...we need a women futbal player who is wel known and can inspire girls to take this sport
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    preetam wrote: »
    Read my cmnt previous one..i'm talkin abt an icon..it has nothin to do wid img-reliance league..little boys can luk upto baichung and chhetri..but wat abt girls,whom dey look upto?

<br><br>AIFF did make your dream come true when they posted "India women's Team beat Dutch Team" <br><br>Did anything good happen from that fake marketing ?<br>
    Again u r missing the point...wat i'm sayin is dat if we hav some famous personality like baichung and chetri..then girls wil tak futbal as a carrer if we hav 1 legend in women futbal it wil inspire them 4 decade..not like 1 week show 4 dutch team match..
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    actually noone would have opposed IMG League in Women's Football. I wish IMG start a league in Womens football and womens hockey.<br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    actually if you take Jyoti's example you will know how bad is the situation. she started juggling football in college, so she thought she might actually play the game (in college)...did a masters in UK and probably played a bit...came to India and had no idea about the National team...While the camp was going on, came for a trail and got selected in the team!!! Now can you imagine anything remotely like this in Men's football? Its almost like those unrealistic sports movies
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Oinam Bembem Devi is currently the "idol" of women's Indian football.</font>
  • kali007kali007 0 Points
    rudra wrote: »
    actually if you take Jyoti's example you will know how bad is the situation. she started juggling football in college, so she thought she might actually play the game (in college)...did a masters in UK and probably played a bit...came to India and had no idea about the National team...While the camp was going on, came for a trail and got selected in the team!!! Now can you imagine anything remotely like this in Men's football? Its almost like those unrealistic sports movies

<br><div><br></div><div>But then you can see also the potential, India today is ranked 50th with this situation. </div>
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29608 Points
    https://english.manoramaonline.com/women/on-a-roll/2018/09/21/slum-football-team-captain-india-collector-job.html

Captain of India's slum football team sees collector's job as her goal 

Captain of Indias slum football team sees collectors job as her goal

She is Sangeetha, captain of India's national slum football team and lives on the street. Even in the face of severe adversities, the 18-year-old first year physical education student at Queen Mary's College, Chennai dreams of making her life as well as that of others like her better. For that, the youngster plans to crack the civil service exam and become a district collector.

Sangeetha's 'house' is the on the side of the Pillayar Kovil Street near Chennai Central railway station. It is behind two iron trunks that she spends the night along with her mother and sister.

The street lights are the only illumination for Sangeetha to study at night.

But Sangeetha is not willing to give up. She had once abandoned her studies and started working to help support the family income while studying in class 9. The family had struggled ever since their father abandoned them.

However, life changed for the better when Karunalaya, a non-governmental organisation (NGO), found Sangeetha and supported her. The youngster soon resumed her studies.

Meanwhile, Sangeetha had tried dribbling the football for fun and found that she indeed had talent for the game. Pursuing the newly developed passion, the youngster spent hours in rigorous practice.

Her efforts did pay off, making her the captain of the Indian slum football team. Sangeetha carried the Indian flag at the football world cup championship for slum children held in Russia.

Though India crashed out of the tournament after its second match, it was a good show considering the hurdles the team members had to overcome to reach the international level.

Sangeetha describes the conditions in which she lives. “There is absolutely no safety or security. At night, drunkards try to sleep near us. There were numerous bitter experiences. We have to depend on the public wash rooms for our basic needs as well as to change dress,” she says.

Often, men try to barge into the wash room while women take bath. “Such incidents take place often. But complaining never helps. If that is done, there will be attempts to isolate us. Self-protection is the only thing we can do,” explains Sangeetha.

“But all such difficulties will not crush us,” she adds quickly, with a smile.

Sangeetha teaches us that there is no use in getting dejected over adverse circumstances. When a path before us gets blocked, we ourselves should seek out a hundred other routes, she demonstrates.

The NGO Karunalaya has provided big support for Sangeetha. It helps her in studies as well as football training. As Sangeetha's teammates are all orphans, the NGO has given them shelter. Sangeetha, meanwhile, lives with her dear ones- her mother and sister.

Sangeetha explains why she wants to become a district collector. “My dream is to start a football club that gives free training to street kids. If I try to turn my dream into a reality now, nobody will take notice. But as a collector, I will have power and everyone will listen to me,” she says.

“I want to study well, become a collector and give a better life to people living on the street,” adds the confident youngster with determination.

Slum Soccer is an organisation that uses football to empower the underprivileged, to represent Team India.