I-League 2nd Division

Comments

• samsam 16428 Points
    It was shown live in a better quality than IL
    [Deleted User]spartamunna219777
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] 4984 Points
    yeah i wondered same , who produced it.. quality was better than few  I league matches
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    TRAU wins I-League 2nd Division.
    They defeated Ozone FC 2-1 in a pulsating match.
    DEFENCE123thebeautifulgameCarbon_14
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    But will they get to play in 1st division or not?
    Box
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Even AIFF doesn't know that ?
    DEFENCE123deepumunna219777
  • haritrams24haritrams24 kerala1990 Points
    TRAU lost their last match in I-League 2nd division .
    TRAU 1-2 chingaveng
    Due to the curfew imposed in srinagar Ozone vs lone star Kashmir match cancelled . 
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29626 Points

Exclusive: Hindustan FC to not participate in 2nd Division I-League next season

Two unnamed clubs have now applied to participate in the league from the National capital.

In a recent turn of events, Delhi based club Hindustan FC has declared that the club will not participate in the 2nd Division I-League in the upcoming season because of the uncertainty around the future of Indian football. The decision comes as an aftermath of the tussle between the FSDL’s Indian Super League and AIFF‘s I-League to become the top division in India.

The decision comes as a shocker as much was expected from the club in the forthcoming season. Hindustan FC have had a good run in the league lately, especially in the 2017-18 season when they reached the final round of the 2nd Division. They only lost a single game in the entire season, against Real Kashmir in the final.

Although the club had an abysmal season last year when they lost all of their eight games in the preliminary round and conceded the highest number of goals in the 2018-19 season. Followed by that, they couldn’t revive their form on the field as they finished 7th in the Delhi Senior Division 2019 season.

A source close to the Delhi football circuit confirmed the news and further revealed that Hindustan FC will continue to participate in the Delhi Senior Division. The decision will arguably mean that no club from the national capital will play in any of the three top leagues in India.

Earlier this year, Delhi Dynamos shifted their base to Bhubaneshwar and formed a fresh team as the Odisha FC. As if the ISL team’s migration was not enough, now the Hindustan FC pulling from the 2nd Division has sent a wave of worry in the city’s football scenario.

https://khelnow.com/news/hindustan-fc-to-not-participate-in-i-league-2nd-division-2020/
    EastBengalPridemunna219777haritrams24indian_gooner
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29626 Points

I-League: 2nd Division to comprise of 18 teams, set to kick off in January

The league is set to feature six new sides in the upcoming season.

Eighteen teams comprising of reserve teams of eight Hero Indian Super League clubs (Except Northeast United FC and Odisha FC) and two Hero I-League clubs (Punjab FC and Indian Arrows) will compete in the preliminary round of Hero 2nd Division I-League 2019-20.

The Preliminary round of 2nd Division I-League will kick-off in the last week of January 2020. Teams will play on a home and away basis against other teams within a group.

The winners of each group along with the best second-placed team between Group A and C would qualify for the final round. However, if reserve teams of ISL clubs finish as winners or runners-up in any group, the position will be passed on to the next non-ISL team.

In the final round, four qualified teams will play at the central venue on a ‘single-leg’ league system. Eventually, the winners of the 2nd Division I-League will qualify to the next edition of Hero I-League i.e. Hero I-League 2020-21.

All the eighteen teams have cleared Hero Second Division League club licensing process of 2019-20 season except Lonestar Kashmir, who have been granted a special exemption by the league committee as they could not fulfil the criteria entirety due to reasons beyond their control.

Meanwhile, six teams including reserve teams of four teams are slated to make their debut in the Hero Second Division League this season. They are as follows: FC Bengaluru United, Rajasthan FC, Indian Arrows (reserves), Punjab FC (reserves), Hyderabad FC (reserves) and Mumbai City FC (reserves).

The Groups of the preliminary round are as mentioned below:

Group A: Lonestar Kashmir FC, Punjab FC (reserves), Garhwal FC, Rajasthan FC, ATK (reserves), Jamshedpur FC (reserves).

Group B: Mohammedan Sporting, Bhawanipore, Indian Arrows (reserves), Hyderabad FC (reserves), Bengaluru FC (reserves), Chennaiyin FC (reserves).

Group C: ARA FC, Mumbai City FC (reserves), FC Goa (reserves), FC Bengaluru United, FC Kerala, Kerala Blasters (reserves).

https://khelnow.com/news/hero-2nd-division-i-league-2019-20/

munna219777