Nagaland Premier League

Comments

• I am sorry but... GO TO SLEEP!
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Time to create Wiki pages.
  • ashindia wrote:
    Time to create Wiki pages.

In a few years when these guys are notable. The NPL is not considered professional on wikipedia yet. I have tried but apparently the only sources that say they are pro are from articles which are biased towards the league. Also some users were wondering how the the 2nd Division of I-League is not fully pro and apparently NPL is.
  • usaindia March 28 Quote

nagafootball are you an official in NPL

Yes I am.
    I am one of the Managing partners off 442 Management and co creator of this NPL. Small bit about 442 - This NPL came about with two years of research and a full year of running around meeting numerous governing football officials to make it official. Pitching this idea and concept took a long time but with proper structure put in place with a clear cut goal of 20 years vision. The pen was put into paper.
    We consist of genuine football lovers with a strong passion to help develop the community. We packed our bags from our high profile jobs in Mainland India, headed home and here we are now. Three aspects of development we are looking to slowly create - 1st Main objective is of course Football Development, Second Tackling Community issues like creating employment opportunities, creating corporate entities amongst clubs, help develop commercial viability for clubs etc 3rd - Develop a viable self sustaining football market around NPL for the state.

What transformed is bigger than we anticipated. Whats makes us sleep at night is knowing the fact now that there is a young footballer out there now who is actually being paid salary and his dreams of being like Messi is not bleak for he can see the light now even if it is far fetched. His parents are slowly getting into the idea that their sons can actually live off of football. What transpired is the responsibility that we have to shoulder upon us - the dreams of 300 odd state footballers and we have realized that it is very big indeed. The average age off all ten teams is 22 for which we are really happy about, all teams should have an an u - 15 program and we will be running U - 15 Programs with Football First for NPL by April or May this year.

I clearly understand the discussions you guys had about why NPL should hold more importance for corporates to sponsor and yes I am working on that even though the response has been poor even through CSR programs but I have the business support strategy in place so it should work in the seasons to come but I would need support even from the members in this group.

And yes every club is semi professional ( I should put it in this way since it is just beginning) and every club must comply to the NPL club criteria to play in the NPL. The infrastructure is poor and the management really feels the need to upgrade but we cant do much for now. It is actually not our responsibility but we feel the need and the duty to do it so we are incorporating in small funds for development. We just dream of a future where we can lay artificial turfs ourselves and see these boys play better.

Our vision for NPL is a 20 years program wherein we would like to see one of our boys represent the Nation in the biggest stage of them all and also plying their trades in the biggest clubs in the world. One day maybe but it is a possibility and we imagine that possibility.

Why we do it is very hard for us to understand as well but we are doing this to give back to the community, to football in the state, for my partners Dad who was one of the best footballers in the state and for true football lovers because one day we know that It will be all worth it in the end.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    thanks man
    use social media to make it get free publicity,another advice also update website,i dont like facebook,there maybe others like me.follow few important people in twitter like arunav,mark giggy and tweet them abt npl,abhi17in,ruban some of the guys cover bengal football
    also put tranfer system in place,thats how you make ,so any player from your league signs try to get some money
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    also use youtube to upload videos
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Thanks Nagafootball!!! this is what we were looking forward to at each level (including i-league). The amount of professionalism you guys have shown in the league is unprecedented. Yes, the quality is not upto the mark, but will get better gradually. We hope you guys pave the way for other to follow.
  • usaindia March 28 Quote

nagafootball are you an official in NPL

Yes I am.
    I am one of the Managing partners off 442 Management and co creator of this NPL. Small bit about 442 - This NPL came about with two years of research and a full year of running around meeting numerous governing football officials to make it official. Pitching this idea and concept took a long time but with proper structure put in place with a clear cut goal of 20 years vision. The pen was put into paper.
    We consist of genuine football lovers with a strong passion to help develop the community. We packed our bags from our high profile jobs in Mainland India, headed home and here we are now. Three aspects of development we are looking to slowly create - 1st Main objective is of course Football Development, Second Tackling Community issues like creating employment opportunities, creating corporate entities amongst clubs, help develop commercial viability for clubs etc 3rd - Develop a viable self sustaining football market around NPL for the state.

What transformed is bigger than we anticipated. Whats makes us sleep at night is knowing the fact now that there is a young footballer out there now who is actually being paid salary and his dreams of being like Messi is not bleak for he can see the light now even if it is far fetched. His parents are slowly getting into the idea that their sons can actually live off of football. What transpired is the responsibility that we have to shoulder upon us - the dreams of 300 odd state footballers and we have realized that it is very big indeed. The average age off all ten teams is 22 for which we are really happy about, all teams should have an an u - 15 program and we will be running U - 15 Programs with Football First for NPL by April or May this year.

I clearly understand the discussions you guys had about why NPL should hold more importance for corporates to sponsor and yes I am working on that even though the response has been poor even through CSR programs but I have the business support strategy in place so it should work in the seasons to come but I would need support even from the members in this group.

And yes every club is semi professional ( I should put it in this way since it is just beginning) and every club must comply to the NPL club criteria to play in the NPL. The infrastructure is poor and the management really feels the need to upgrade but we cant do much for now. It is actually not our responsibility but we feel the need and the duty to do it so we are incorporating in small funds for development. We just dream of a future where we can lay artificial turfs ourselves and see these boys play better.

Our vision for NPL is a 20 years program wherein we would like to see one of our boys represent the Nation in the biggest stage of them all and also plying their trades in the biggest clubs in the world. One day maybe but it is a possibility and we imagine that possibility.

Why we do it is very hard for us to understand as well but we are doing this to give back to the community, to football in the state, for my partners Dad who was one of the best footballers in the state and for true football lovers because one day we know that It will be all worth it in the end.

YOU SIR ARE A GOD!

Seriously I love you guys. Why did you not come earlier. If there is one request I have it is that you guys do a young star of the week in which you profile one u21 player and get a bio on him and post it on your website. It could also help them for the future when they are faced with interviews and profiling.

Keep it up Nagaland and hopefully your league model will spread to the rest of India.
  • thanks man
    use social media to make it get free publicity,another advice also update website,i dont like facebook,there maybe others like me.follow few important people in twitter like arunav,mark giggy and tweet them abt npl,abhi17in,ruban some of the guys cover bengal football
    also put tranfer system in place,thats how you make ,so any player from your league signs try to get some money

----
    We have a transfer system in place. Our mid season transfer will open in May for two weeks. Mind you that we have to follow AIFF transfer period so we work around that. This may window will be for Local Transfers whereas when the AIFF first window opens up then we can have outside state players. For NPL we allow only three outside state players to be in the NPL roster. The clubs in their small way are structuring player transfer programs and the professional contract I have seen form the NPL clubs impressed me too. It will all depend on the club policies but from 442 Management side we are also starting a player scouting and representation program to be direct representations of these players.
    Good input about the website and I will look into it and also with the social media aspect of the brand visibility - This campaign has already started.

Good inputs - Thank you and Respect.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    hoping to see the best clubs from Nagaland in next yr I League 2nd div . Good luck :)